Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New first time Tesla owner from UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, just a quick message to say hi from the UK.

I'm new to the Tesla world having bought a 2018 Model S 75D a couple of weeks ago - not just my first EV but the first time I'd ever been in a EV and it's been eye opening.

I've had large petrols, remapped diesels and so on over the years and have a 2007 Volvo V70 D5 (remapped) sat next to the Tesla.

It's been a lot to learn so far, think I lasted a day before checking things out in service mode and ordering a Scan My Tesla cable to check out the battery etc.

I think I've read thousands of posts over the last couple of weeks learning.

So far so good with it looking fairly healthy.

I am potentially seeing an issue with the onboard charger not going above 24a when charging via single phase on my Zappi so investigating that.

The car has the upgraded 72a charger from what I understand of the options list (CF00 / CH04) but I haven't pulled up the back seats to confirm the label yet.

I've cleared 1000 miles almost and have it logging into Teslafi which has been really helpful working things out and just getting used to how cheap and EV is to run power wise (already on the UK Octopus Intelligent Go plan that reduces night rates to £0.07 per kWh). Cheaper than my old Lexus V8 that did 18mpg on super, that's for sure.

Already had a mobile service guy replaced the small panel air filter in the car and give it a quick check over and it's booked in for the front half shafts (it possibly needs more suspension work too so we'll see what they say).

I took it on some windows today and the power is bonkers, and that was just in chill mode.

I love it and have racked up a lot of EAP miles with everything turned on, hoping one day we'll get FSD like it's running in the USA 👍