Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New wheels scratched, am I too demanding?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that.... I would probably live with it if it's just the light scratch from the wheel. But I would definitely return the wheel with those indentation "under" the finishing... those indentation doesn't look right from a "fully forged wheel"... maybe someone at the facotory dropped the wheel on the ground face down before coating them.

Reactions: AMGF
That’s why I got aeros. I curbed my passenger rear wheel on all mt Teslas, I’m on my 3rd one. If I decide to replace the wheel, alot less expensive than replacing a performance wheel. Just saying.

Reactions: AMGF
I’m not gonna tell what company it is for now. I’ve contacted them and waiting for a reply. If I’m happy with the way they handle this it’ll stay that way. If they give me the run around I will post the name with pictures for all to see.

Just want to make it clear: these are brand new, fully forged wheels that just arrived yesterday through UPS. Boxes were undamaged. The wheels were like that in the original wrapping. Terrible QC was what I had in mind.

Also I’m in Canada, does anybody know if I’m gonna have to pay taxes and duty again if they send me a replacement set? That’s a 500$ bill I’d rather avoid. Maybe at that point getting a full refund is a better idea. Idk.
The vendor should pay any extra fees, it's their fault.

Reactions: jm404