Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No response from Tesla Insurance!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I just found out they have horrible customer service and basically don't care. Accident happened and claim submitted over 2 weeks ago. You should call the main number and ask to talk to a supervisor. They will tell you they will send an email. Finally got hold of adjuster via back channels and he told me to deal with the other party's insurance myself. Did not want to have anything to do with my claim! Unbelievable. I made a complaint to California Department of Insurance for violating multiple insurance rules. Will dump Tesla Insurance after this claim is processed (who knows when). DO NOT GET TESLA INSURANCE.

I confirm they suck. They don’t communicate very well with either parties, get emails wrong, hardly pick up the phone or respond to email and bounce you to different reps while they get promoted and new reps have no idea what’s going on. The other party would have to call me because Tesla Insurance wouldn’t pick up. It’s been over 2 months, I’m on my 3rd rep 1st one disappeared, 2nd one promoted and 3rd disappoints and after finally getting an email 2 months later he asked if that’s the body shop I wanted when they already took photos submitted and ordered parts. He blames it on the body shop for not uploading correctly who has a 300 4.5 star review on Yelp for Tesla Vehicles. Unless it’s a significant price difference go with someone else.

Confirm all of the above. My model x was badly rear ended in mid December (resulting in damage all over the place, as we ended up being spun around). Tow truck driver said, boy, that looks totaled. Responsible party's insurer (GEICO) was super responsive, looked at the car two days later and said it was well above their limits (other driver has CA min. coverage) and that I should work with my insurer, Telsa insurance, to cover.

I called them and it took Tesla insurance two weeks to even go get the car from where it had been towed to move it to an auction lot where they would inspect it. Took them another week for them to actually inspect it. They then came up with a preliminary repair estimate of $37k, leading them to decide it was not totaled and that I should find a shop to repair it. Throughout these three weeks, it would take days for the adjuster to get back to me if I asked for an update.

First repair shop I contacted told me, based on photos, that it was an obvious total loss, and wasn't worth having it towed to them. Tesla Insurance said bring it somewhere else.

I did so, and had it towed to another repair shop. The second shop said that it was an obvious total loss and that it doesn't really make sense to spend hours taking it apart to come up with a complete estimate. Tesla insisted they do so.

Repair shop then sent an estimate to Tesla insurance of almost $75k to repair (there are over 9 pages of parts that need to be replaced), and repeating that it is an obvious total loss.

Adjuster at Tesla insurance has now ghosted me for almost a week -- voicemails and texts go unanswered.

No idea when this will be resolved, but six weeks after the accident, I still don't know if I should be looking to buy a new car...

Please go with someone else. I did choose Tesla to save some money and wow did that come back to bite me!

• Informative
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
File a complaint to the better business bureau, department of insurance for your state, and you can also file a complaint to the bar as well I believe it was. I have issues with a few insurance companies about the case moving and that forces them to get things going.

Confirm all of the above. My model x was badly rear ended in mid December (resulting in damage all over the place, as we ended up being spun around). Tow truck driver said, boy, that looks totaled. Responsible party's insurer (GEICO) was super responsive, looked at the car two days later and said it was well above their limits (other driver has CA min. coverage) and that I should work with my insurer, Telsa insurance, to cover.

I called them and it took Tesla insurance two weeks to even go get the car from where it had been towed to move it to an auction lot where they would inspect it. Took them another week for them to actually inspect it. They then came up with a preliminary repair estimate of $37k, leading them to decide it was not totaled and that I should find a shop to repair it. Throughout these three weeks, it would take days for the adjuster to get back to me if I asked for an update.

First repair shop I contacted told me, based on photos, that it was an obvious total loss, and wasn't worth having it towed to them. Tesla Insurance said bring it somewhere else.

I did so, and had it towed to another repair shop. The second shop said that it was an obvious total loss and that it doesn't really make sense to spend hours taking it apart to come up with a complete estimate. Tesla insisted they do so.

Repair shop then sent an estimate to Tesla insurance of almost $75k to repair (there are over 9 pages of parts that need to be replaced), and repeating that it is an obvious total loss.

Adjuster at Tesla insurance has now ghosted me for almost a week -- voicemails and texts go unanswered.

No idea when this will be resolved, but six weeks after the accident, I still don't know if I should be looking to buy a new car...

Please go with someone else. I did choose Tesla to save some money and wow did that come back to bite me!
Keep filing claims thru your Tesla app until someone responds to you.
You will get another adjuster and restart your claim.
That's what we did when our original adjuster ghosted us. We keep filing the same claims until another new adjuster sorted everything out

Reactions: CyberShy
After persistent calls and texts, I finally got through, and they finally confirmed that it is a total loss. Of course, that means it has been transferred to a new department and I now have to wait for them to be ready to give me a settlement proposal. I'll be interested to see what they propose.

Reactions: imCarlin
I was recently in a head-on collision. I first reported the incident to the other driver's insurance company, Safeway, and also informed my own insurer, Tesla. Tesla advised me to deal directly with Safeway since the accident was the other driver's fault. Safeway quickly assessed my car at the tow yard and deemed it a total loss. However, the value of my car exceeded Safeway's coverage limit, so they directed me to go through Tesla. Despite my daily attempts to contact Tesla over the past two and a half weeks, either by phone or email, I've been unable to reach them. I'm now without a car. I strongly advise against using Tesla insurance.