Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NO Tesla Super Chargers on New York Thruway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also dismayed by there being no superchargers on thruways. I do not want to have to get off the thruway and search around for a supercharger in an unfamiliar location. It wastes time and does not feel at all safe for me as a single woman traveling alone. I guess I need to rethink my plan to purchase a Tesla.
Most of the chargers off thruways are in well-lit areas, usually at a gas station-convenience store or other public place. I have seen a number of single women (and older people) at these sites. Tesla has an interest in the sites bing safe.

Most of the chargers off thruways are in well-lit areas, usually at a gas station-convenience store or other public place. I have seen a number of single women (and older people) at these sites. Tesla has an interest in the sites bing safe.
The problem is if you are traveling late at night the Utica SC for one is not in a high traffic area. But the issue is you have to get off the Thruway find the SCer then get back on the Thruway.