Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our Teslaversary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Well, it was one year ago tomorrow, we were in the very first batch of cars sold to NON-Tesla owners, we Model 3 owners have never had a Teslaversary before, so I have to imagine there are going to be a LOT of these coming up.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c07.jpg

For those who have already gone, did you do something special to mark that day?

I got my car Rosebud in concert with a Tesla fanatic friend who suggested we wait in line together because as an Apple employee I understood waiting overnight outside a store to get first place in line for a new product. I didn't really think about buying one myself, just supporting him. But as we got closer to the day and my Tesla stock kept going up in price I decided to support Tesla by putting down $1000 for a reservation, which turned into $2000 for two just to hedge my bet. That night I was very happy with the reveal and the following not quite two years gave me time to decide I needed a new new electric car. I already had 5 other cars, plus three electric vehicles, that's what took all the time.

In the first 10 months I had the Tesla, I had not put another drop of fuel into those other cars. When I first went to use one I discovered that ALL of them had dead batteries. Although I have driven each of them and they are all on a rotating charge regimen now I don't really use them. My insurance agent told me when I got the Tesla I cannot insure another car with him, so I will have to sell one if want to buy anything else.

But the question is what to do to mark the occasion ~28,000 miles and 135 distinct Supercharger locations later?

-Randy

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Well, it was one year ago tomorrow, we were in the very first batch of cars sold to NON-Tesla owners, we Model 3 owners have never had a Teslaversary before, so I have to imagine there are going to be a LOT of these coming up.

View attachment 389817

For those who have already gone, did you do something special to mark that day?

I got my car Rosebud in concert with a Tesla fanatic friend who suggested we wait in line together because as an Apple employee I understood waiting overnight outside a store to get first place in line for a new product. I didn't really think about buying one myself, just supporting him. But as we got closer to the day and my Tesla stock kept going up in price I decided to support Tesla by putting down $1000 for a reservation, which turned into $2000 for two just to hedge my bet. That night I was very happy with the reveal and the following not quite two years gave me time to decide I needed a new new electric car. I already had 5 other cars, plus three electric vehicles, that's what took all the time.

In the first 10 months I had the Tesla, I had not put another drop of fuel into those other cars. When I first went to use one I discovered that ALL of them had dead batteries. Although I have driven each of them and they are all on a rotating charge regimen now I don't really use them. My insurance agent told me when I got the Tesla I cannot insure another car with him, so I will have to sell one if want to buy anything else.

But the question is what to do to mark the occasion ~28,000 miles and 135 distinct Supercharger locations later?

-Randy

Stop at a gas station, and belly laugh.

Reactions: israndy