Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint chip repair in Washington DC, MD, VA area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone knows a good auto body shop in the DMV area that does spot paint repair? I didn't pay attention when opening the trunk in a parking garage with a relatively low ceiling and hit a pipe up there.
😔

I know Tesla sells a paint touch up kit and there are also other DIY options out there, but I'm just not a very handy person and there is a high chance that I'd make it worse if I try repairing it myself (based on my experience "fixing" various things around the house).

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

I can't tell, is it one area or several? What is that thing hanging down like a tail or horn?

The one divot (the white spot) is a simple touch up. You should wait until the weather warms. Until then apply a coat of car wax to the damaged area(s). You will remove the wax before making the repair. Even if you add a spoiler to cover up the damage you will want to apply primer and color matching paint to the damaged area(s).

I like TouchUpDirect.com's paint kits. They have videos that demonstrate how to prepare and apply the primer and paint(s). The metallic paints have: primer, base coat (base color), mid coat (semi-milky with metallic flakes) and top coat (clear).

Anyone knows a good auto body shop in the DMV area that does spot paint repair? I didn't pay attention when opening the trunk in a parking garage with a relatively low ceiling and hit a pipe up there.
😔

I know Tesla sells a paint touch up kit and there are also other DIY options out there, but I'm just not a very handy person and there is a high chance that I'd make it worse if I try repairing it myself (based on my experience "fixing" various things around the house).

View attachment 768975

View attachment 768976
Where you able to find a shop? I'm in the Alexandria/Kingstown area and did the same thing. Also have a small chip on the front hood. My goal is to get the chip on the hood touched up and have a carbon spoiler installed on the rear trunk. Thanks.