Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paramus NJ Pickup 6/27/2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to drive 4 hours to Paramus NJ to pickup my Blue/Black LR AWD Y. I was expecting to have to cancel the delivery since my VIN was 95xxx and given all of the problems I have read about, I was not overly hopeful. Why NJ? The MA SC can't deliver to out of state customers due to laws. I got there and everything was touchless. Very smooth. They were busy delivering cars to a bunch of folks. The car was PERFECT (almost). I did see 2 very minor gap issues but so minor I'm not sure I'll ever worry about them. After all of the horror stories, it was a beautiful car and delivery process.
Once I got the car, I plugged in the Samsung 1TB SSD drive I had purchased and formatted and the car was ready to record. My IPhone SE with case started charging on the wireless pad and never had any issues. It rained through CT on the way home and I'm happy I saw no water on the inside. Although I'm suppose to have FSD, no AutoPilot was available for the trip. Still trying to figure that out. The car rode great. Dry road, wet roads, didn't matter. At 70 mph I think it was using about 313wh/mi. After I got off the highway and went into 35 mph and 50 mph roads, it registered roughly 200 wh/mi. The range you can expect is directly related to the speed you drive. I managed to drive home (240 miles) starting at 98% and got home at 14%. Mostly highway but the last 26 miles were back roads.

Attachments

• 2020_0627_backroads.jpg
    2020_0627_backroads.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79