Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Failure Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 model s that i purchased about 2 years ago with 60,000 miles.
When i charge at home, i periodically will have issues driving immediately after. I will get a power failue warning and my car will shut down. This will happen 2-3 times on my way to work, about 7miles. When i leave for work later in the day, i have no more issues.

This only happens when charging at home and only after charging. This does not happen after every charge, but only when there has been an interruption during charging.

I had the car checked by Tesla and the battery has no issues and i bought a new charging cable but this problem still continued.

I then had an electrician come out to check the outlet and the breaker and that was ok as well. The only issue they could see that might be causing the problem is the ground wires were old and the rod had deteriorated thus causing surges to interrupt the charging. They recommended having a surge protector placed on the house and have the ground rod replaced.

Has anyone else heard of this issue?