Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random part came out of driver door bottom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any idea what this might be or if essential? 4C06EC6A-0177-4C36-9E80-095A1BC53D30.jpeg533C8AD3-3584-49AB-91EF-C137031C416A.jpegEFC4B6B7-41F0-4A12-AAD1-E1CFC36858BC.jpeg

Same here, except mine was quite stuck in the drainage hole. I pushed it up to try to loosen it, and instead lost it, and now it's the source of a constant rattle o_O. I'd love to know what it's for as well. Everything on the door seems to work fine (so far!)

EDIT: Mine also was located in the driver's side door

Reactions: Gizmo35
Same here, except mine was quite stuck in the drainage hole. I pushed it up to try to loosen it, and instead lost it, and now it's the source of a constant rattle o_O. I'd love to know what it's for as well. Everything on the door seems to work fine (so far!)

EDIT: Mine also was located in the driver's side door

Mine was stuck as well but used a needle nose pliers to pull it out. I just placed it back there to take a picture of where it came from.

Mine was stuck as well but used a needle nose pliers to pull it out. I just placed it back there to take a picture of where it came from.

Yeah, in retrospect I wished I had tried a little harder to pull, but I thought at the time that maybe pushing it up would move it to a better position so I could pull it out. I noticed our builds are around the same time, and we both have dual motors. Maybe the same guy on the line decided he didn't want bother with that part anymore and chucked it in the door frame.

Hopefully someone will be able to chime in with what that part is. I'm guessing it's part of some mount for the window regulator or the door handle judging by the fact it's near the rear drain hole on the door.