Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommends for paint protection options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Salinas, Monterey CA area

Looking for recommendations for a place to take my new Tesla Y for some kind of paint protection option. I don’t know much about these wraps or ceramic coatings. How expensive are they in this area? I had the front bumper and hood done on my old Prius V and it really saved the paint. Those kits run a few hundred. I’d like to go to a shop that can offer options and is known for good work.

Hi,

XPEL treats many Tesla vehicles with paint protection film, ceramic coating, and ceramic window tint.

Our main website offers a tool to find certified installers close by. I found this shop in the Monterey CA area. I'm sure they can provide you with a quote for what the cost would be, depending on the service.

Recently, we treated this Model Y with a full-front PPF wrap.

192275406_1473744472965875_4196265397322640835_n.jpg

Reactions: jpy1980
Hi,

XPEL treats many Tesla vehicles with paint protection film, ceramic coating, and ceramic window tint.

Our main website offers a tool to find certified installers close by. I found this shop in the Monterey CA area. I'm sure they can provide you with a quote for what the cost would be, depending on the service.

Recently, we treated this Model Y with a full-front PPF wrap.

View attachment 690012
Is that Bumper color off due to the wrap or a poor job paint matching from the factory?

I’d like to know the same. I just ordered a MY and am trying to figure out what PP to do, either PPF or ceramic coat. Any insights would be very helpful.
Google for the difference, but basically ceramic coat does not protect agains dings and scratches, PPFs, do. I am interested in PPFs with self-healing property, XPEL is os this type. My installer is the best in my town, and he will give me several options to choose from. I am just going to do a clear bra and mirrors. Also have four mud flaps, they do help.

I would say it's Tesla's paint quality. XPEL PPF does not change the color of paint, it is transparent.
Thanks for the response.

Another question. My friend has a 2008 BMW that he had PPF installed in 2008. It's been a long time since he got it install and the PPF has started to yellow over the years. Is this normal? and should he remove it, since its been so long, will his paint possibly come off with it as well? This is my fear when thinking about doing PPF for my Tesla.