Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reversal of $1500 19" Sport Wheels Charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a number of us who did the early pre-order chose the 19" Sports Wheels with the $1500 price because we didn't like the look of the base 18" Aero Wheels. Earlier this year, Tesla removed the 18" wheels, and automatically moved everybody who had 18"s to the 19" Gemini, and everybody who had chosen the 19" sports wheels to the 20" Induction. But, personally, I still want the 19" size that I originally ordered. But, if I change the order back to the 19" wheels (like I originally ordered), my cost only goes down $510 rather than the $1500 upcharge because of the $990 price increase (even though all I'm doing is trying to stay with 19" wheels like I originally ordered) - so I ended up being penalized $990 for just trying to stay at 19" wheels like I originally ordered.

Has anybody tried talking to their Sales Advisor to see if they would/could modify their order to get them back to the 19" wheels and remove the original 19" wheel $1500 upcharge without incurring the $990 price raise?

I asked the advisor if I changed color would I lose the $1500 and have to pay full price for the 20" wheels. He said yes. I changed colors and moved down to the 19" wheels so it was $510 less. I wish I kept the 20" ones not because I like them better (I don't really like the black) but because it seems like only 20" and 21" reservations are getting vins.

I think a number of us who did the early pre-order chose the 19" Sports Wheels with the $1500 price because we didn't like the look of the base 18" Aero Wheels. Earlier this year, Tesla removed the 18" wheels, and automatically moved everybody who had 18"s to the 19" Gemini, and everybody who had chosen the 19" sports wheels to the 20" Induction. But, personally, I still want the 19" size that I originally ordered. But, if I change the order back to the 19" wheels (like I originally ordered), my cost only goes down $510 rather than the $1500 upcharge because of the $990 price increase (even though all I'm doing is trying to stay with 19" wheels like I originally ordered) - so I ended up being penalized $990 for just trying to stay at 19" wheels like I originally ordered.

Has anybody tried talking to their Sales Advisor to see if they would/could modify their order to get them back to the 19" wheels and remove the original 19" wheel $1500 upcharge without incurring the $990 price raise?

I am in a similar situation, however I would like to do the opposite, I want to go from the 19 to the 20, but not if I have to accept the new pricing. I'm interested to find the answer to this as well. @gagorp PM me if interested and depending on location, maybe we can work out a swap, which will solve both of our problems.

Thanks

I have an RWD order with the sports wheels upgrade that changed to the induction wheels also. I finally was able to talk with someone who says that these changes cannot be made without our consent. He put in an email request to have this changed and the price lowered by 1500$ this morning. He has also put in a request for someone to call me about the RWD situation and the wheels within 48hrs. So maybe I will have some information on this on Friday.

blissdancer, let us know how your discussions going. Yes, they changed not only the wheel size but the wheel color on us without our consent. Probably made half of the people happy, and made half upset with this unrequested change.