Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi I’m a model 3 owner and also just bought a 2017 Model X used from a third party dealer. When i got the X the ride and vibrations in the car were horrible. The SC told me it was because the tires were worn out at 4/32”. So I ordered the same new conti silent tires and replaced all 4 did an alignment and balancing. Most of the vibrations are gone. But the bad ride quality still exist. I feel like I’m driving a normal car. Feeling every bump wind and cabin Noise While my cousin who bought a 2018 brand new model X, his car feels amazing. No cabin noise. Going over bumps are very dampered. It rides amazing. Is there any way to fix my car?

I got x 2018 2 month ago, yes it feel like normal car ride, but wind noise were decrease by adjustment of the door and panel gaps, and addded some rubber insualioin by the windshield all done by service center, I have been driving Lexus for 20 years, the x did not feel a better rider but better technology and gas saver

hi I’m a model 3 owner and also just bought a 2017 Model X used from a third party dealer. When i got the X the ride and vibrations in the car were horrible. The SC told me it was because the tires were worn out at 4/32”. So I ordered the same new conti silent tires and replaced all 4 did an alignment and balancing. Most of the vibrations are gone. But the bad ride quality still exist. I feel like I’m driving a normal car. Feeling every bump wind and cabin Noise While my cousin who bought a 2018 brand new model X, his car feels amazing. No cabin noise. Going over bumps are very dampered. It rides amazing. Is there any way to fix my car?

R u on 22s..and what suspension height u have set ? I ride 22s and use low set to always ..the ride is harsh but I came from P85D on 21s so ur feels normal to me ;)