Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode did not record rear ended damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone hit my model Y in the rear in a parking lot. Damage is very noticeable. Sentry Mose on. There are many other recordings. But not of the damage event.
Could there be more recordings elsewhere I could check?
I heard that when there is an alarm event that the file is saved to internal memory, not the external drive.
You should hopefully be able to download this file.

Upvote 0
Someone hit my model Y in the rear in a parking lot. Damage is very noticeable. Sentry Mose on. There are many other recordings. But not of the damage event.
Could there be more recordings elsewhere I could check?
Safely stop recording on the drive (press icon to pause recording) and remove from car. Connect to a computer. If less than 1 hour has passed, it may still in the Recent Clips folder. You can also double check the Sentry Clips folder.
Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla

If more than an hour has passed, you can try recovering the deleted clips. I document the process here:
Dashcam in Auto

It would help if the damage is visible in one of your clips so you can pin down around what time it happened, otherwise you might have to recover the whole drive (but either way make sure to recover to a different drive, or you may overwrite the drive during recovery).

Upvote 0