Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set AC Only Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my 2018 Model 3 parked under shed during my 2 months of travel. I live in the South of USA, so summer is very humid. I set the climate to 78 degrees just to keep the interior dry. I notice that during the night, the heat comes on.

Can I set the climate control to just cool when meeded and not try to heat to the set temperature? I don't care if the temp drops below the setting.

Are you talking about setting the overheat protection? I wasn't aware that it also turns on the heat. Could it be you also have scheduled departure set which would attempt to up/down the cabin temp around a departure time. Second, overheat protection is only valid for 12 hours I believe. I'm not aware how long scheduled departure would operate during extended parking.

BTW, I live in Tampa, FL and it's stupid humid in the morning. The entire care is coated with enough water that I have to run the wipers and if I have the windows dropped when first departing, you can be sure that the first turn will cause a waterfall off the roof and into the car. I don't find the interior to be humid at all (and both scheduled departure and overheat protection is turned off) so such protection isn't necessary. Wondering if you might have a bad seal somewhere?

Upvote 0
I'm not aware of any currently available settings that would accomplish what you are trying to do. I've always thought Tesla should have an option to set a temperature comfort range, such as 70-78, so if the cabin temperature climbs above 78 the A/C comes on, and if the cabin temperature falls below 70 the heat comes on, and in between these two temperatures neither heat nor A/C comes on. My home thermostat does this, it would be simple to add.

• Love
Reactions: Transformer
Upvote 1