Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set of 18" Aero Wheels, bad tires (Seattle, WA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased a set of Aero Wheels from another forum member to use over the winter, but one of the tires has a bubble, so decided to just replace existing tires on the car. I never used these after discovering the bubble, so sold as-is.

4x 18" Aero Wheels, have scuffs and scratches. Supposedly has TPMS for 2018-2019 (non-Bluetooth), have never used so no idea if they work.

Wheels currently have Sottozero tires mounted, 1 is known bad (bubble in sidewall) and rest of the tires have 7-8/32nd,

Wheels are useful as a set for anyone looking for a set of winter wheels.

$500 OBO, pickup near Seattle, WA only.

F871DAAD-C26D-47C8-A69A-0CF6CF8C1F03.jpeg
E7DF49C8-6B58-4B56-ABC6-14202A7DAD16.jpeg
BA797BD5-E2DB-44F1-A012-7C8CAAE84D6B.jpeg
4175B27A-4C3B-4373-8906-3B294998119D.jpeg

Hi. Do you think those tires have another several months of wear left on them so I could use them the rest of this winter? What happens with the tire with the bubble, does it vibrate the car? Would I have to buy at least two more tires (that way using two of these and two new ones)? Are these tires already balanced on these wheels? Do you know the year date on the sidewall date code stamped numbers? Thanks!

Hi. Do you think those tires have another several months of wear left on them so I could use them the rest of this winter? What happens with the tire with the bubble, does it vibrate the car? Would I have to buy at least two more tires (that way using two of these and two new ones)? Are these tires already balanced on these wheels? Do you know the year date on the sidewall date code stamped numbers? Thanks!

These were never mounted on a car after purchase, so I have no idea if there are any vibrations or anything like that. I'm not sure how usable the tires are, which is why I noted the tires as bad in the title. If you're around the Seattle area, I'm OK with meeting at a Discount Tire to have someone familiar with tires inspect them and answer any questions you have.

If you know where I can find the date code, I can get them from the tires. The person I bought these from bought them from Tesla in 2019, so they're at least a few years old.