Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleepers in California!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is literally no way to match a pre-production vin to an active deposit. You would have to place a $100 deposit again, I have tried.

My SA successfully modified my previous reservation from full performance to one of the pre-production sleepers on 11/20. My account shows the updated sleeper and kept my $6k FSD pricing.

My original order was with $2500 deposit, so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with being able to modify it.

Awesome, thank you! I’m sure a lot of people on this thread are dying to find out more about what “pre-production” means.

No problem! This is the first time I have personally seen the "Pre-Production" format. On our end all we know is that they are cars with assigned vins that have entered our inventory. You're basically preordering a car with a VIN that does not exist yet. If anyone does want more info PM me and I can assist.

There is literally no way to match a pre-production vin to an active deposit. You would have to place a $100 deposit again, I have tried.
This isn’t true. My SA initially told me that I’d have to place a new order and cancel my old one, but the manager figured out how to match me to a pre-production stealth to my existing account. My MVPA even lists my original order date of 10/3/19, and not the modified date of 10/18/19 (for the P3D+) or 11/20/19 (for the stealth).

Edit: I should clarify that I put down a deposit of $2,500 when I placed my original order and not the non-refundable $100 that Tesla is requiring now.