Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soaking floors in front

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Carrying on my saga post I put it in for a service with my service centre.......I now notice I have SOAKING floors. I'm sure it was a mere coincidence of timing but really I need to sort out as already starting to smell....

It is a 2017 with sunroof. I did a quick inspection of the sunroof and couldn't see any immediate blockages. I tried pouring some water down holes and saw it come out under car so presuming its not a leak there....

Anything else anyone can recommend?

I had the same issue, I had mine in twice before they found out of the issue. Spoiler: it was not the sunroof.

The first time they said it was a loose panel under at the front, they sealed it and said it was good. 1 week later, still soaked floors in front.

Second time they said it actually was the windshield that was not properly glued, most likely from a windshield replacement earlier in the car's life. (Before my ownership) and water ran down one of the A pillars, behind the covers and down into the carpet floor.

So I'd check one of these places in the front, and if the carpet is soaked, for the love of god dry it out properly ASAP as Tesla takes 3000$ for a carpet replacement if it gets moldy etc.

Keep us updated!