Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar subscription ownership transfer and billing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an interesting situation where we bought a home that had a subscription, and filled out the paperwork to "transfer" it to us (was $195 per month...wasn't a fan, but didn't want to tear it off). All was good, but we never received any invoices. I called a few months after we closed and some dude said (and I paraphrase), "our systems don't handle transfers very well, we're upgrading, but don't worry about it until you get an invoice".

Fast forward over a year with no billings (I do have an online account and can see our system and output).

Anyone else been in a situation where Tesla just doesn't bill you at all? I have a hard time believing their systems are that bad...

Regardless...I'm not doing anything until they decide to bill me...I can handle it if they ever come asking, but might as well enjoy the time value of money.

Just from a legal perspective, I would send them a certified letter stating that you have filed the transfer documents, and that they acknowledged it, including copies. It would be annoying, or worse, if they decided to, oh I don't know, put a lien on the house, take you to arbitration, etc...

Just sayin...