Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some output data, and advise needed after couple good sunny days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After so many lull days, got a couple good sunny days. But I have some concern for over one day

1. My Panels that are SW facing get the best output - avg 1.65 kWh - See picture Panels 1.01 - 1.0.4, have 18x on that slope of roof - had no more space on SW side

2. My Panels that are NE facing get avg output - avg 1.00 kWh - see picture Panels 2.01 etc, have 21x on that slope of roof.

3. They installed 3x on one side lower roof that are so bad placed that they only get avg 370 wH - see picture panels 2.0.27, 2.0.29 and one more not in the picture is 2.0.12

Can anything be done about this, or am I stuck with this. Is this like this for most people that we have to see the avg

My avg in the past couple days has been 50 kWh for 42 panels.

Attachments

• Panels-JUNK.jpg
    Panels-JUNK.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Panels-1.jpg
    Panels-1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Panels-Layout.jpg
    Panels-Layout.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 44
After so many lull days, got a couple good sunny days. But I have some concern for over one day

1. My Panels that are SW facing get the best output - avg 1.65 kWh - See picture Panels 1.01 - 1.0.4, have 18x on that slope of roof - had no more space on SW side

2. My Panels that are NE facing get avg output - avg 1.00 kWh - see picture Panels 2.01 etc, have 21x on that slope of roof.

3. They installed 3x on one side lower roof that are so bad placed that they only get avg 370 wH - see picture panels 2.0.27, 2.0.29 and one more not in the picture is 2.0.12

Can anything be done about this, or am I stuck with this. Is this like this for most people that we have to see the avg

What is the wattage of your panels? What is the total wattage of your system? Based on that you can determine if you're getting a ratio that makes sense or not. ~3:1 ratio at this time of year is good, so if your system is 400w panels, 42 panels is 16.8kW, x3 is 50.4kWh daily, which is around what you're getting. Do you have any shade hitting the roof?

I'd check PVWatts Calculator based on your location to get a monthly output estimate.

What those panels get now, in the beginning of march, doesnt mean they will get the same thing in June.

This is why systems are sold over yearly production. You simply can not look at day to day production and think you are finding anything really relevant (other than "they are producing energy"). You are going to need to look at it over a few months at least.

As long as you hit your yearly production estimates or better, individual production on a panel only really matters if its broken.

What is the wattage of your panels? What is the total wattage of your system? Based on that you can determine if you're getting a ratio that makes sense or not. ~3:1 ratio at this time of year is good, so if your system is 400w panels, 42 panels is 16.8kW, x3 is 50.4kWh daily, which is around what you're getting. Do you have any shade hitting the roof?

I'd check PVWatts Calculator based on your location to get a monthly output estimate.

I have 340W panels. 14.28 kW. No shade except when the sun rises from the East, the 3 panels on the lower roof are 100% in shade of the house.