Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stats Application iPhone Door Open Notification?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The stats app for the iPhone is a great concept and has alot of details about the cars status, however they are one of the only apps that does what this app "claims" to do, which is problematic.

The app claims to push notifications to your phone if you, leave the climate on, leave a door open, or a car unlock notification. These simply don't work or work intermittently.

I recently didn't slam my door shut like I normally do, resulting in my car being unlocked all night. My mistake of course and I had the horn beep setting on, but didn't think anything of it that it didn't go off.

I decided to spend the $10 on the stats app because it claimed all these features. I was quick to find out that these features work occasionally, if at all. I literally only care about the door notification, everything else was just a bonus.

I emailed the support only to get a response about reading the FAQ, and a screenshot of what my settings should look like for the notification to work properly. All my settings were proper, but the app still wasn't pushing notifications.

The only notifications Iv'e gotten was the climate is still on and your doors are unlocked but we locked them for you. Never the door open notification they claim. So I know the app queries the car, but when I asked how the notifications worked the "support" person said to just ask for a refund through Apple, because there is nothing they can do. Just awful support.

I feel like it is the Stats app lacking here. I will purposefully leave a door open and walk away, wait 30 minutes, not get a notification, go into the app and it says door is left open, but the notification is not being pushed. That tells me one of two things, the app is not querying the car enough (they claim 30 minute intervals) OR there is a specific bug in the app as it relates to the notifications.

I am curious about your experiences with these notifications or other possible insights because the support for the app seems quite bother by people asking for help.

I appreciate it!