Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden loss of heating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sudden loss of heating after driving for about 20 minutes, no amount of tweaking the temperature setting has any affect.
Separate issue when switching on climate from app - sometimes get “Climate command failed”.
Anyone else had this?

I had a similar issue 2 years ago, the error was worded slightly different but that was on older software with the previous user interface.

It was caused by a failed sensor in the unit behind the rear view mirror. This was a common fault, it might still be. Upon reporting it, some people received a software workaround to ignore the humidity and temperature sensors in this unit while waiting for service.

Letting the car power off, so disable sentry, lock the car and wait 15 minutes, may temporarily resolve it. A two button reset didn't help.

Try entering Service mode, it will likely tell you more, it has lots of detail regarding the climate control system. It will provide the underlying error codes.

A Google search will find many examples of how to use it.

Sudden loss of heating after driving for about 20 minutes, no amount of tweaking the temperature setting has any affect.
Separate issue when switching on climate from app - sometimes get “Climate command failed”.
Anyone else had this?
I had this in my 2019 Model 3 which I was told was the PTC heater, if its under warranty then shouldn't be too much of an issue, out of warranty probably about £500 fitted I expect.

It could be something else in your case so perhaps try what the other person has said with the service mode

Is it warranty for it?
I have a same issue and cost me $1000.

Attachments

• 20240310_123804.jpg
    20240310_123804.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 11