Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla factory paint job question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi

Long story short, I was offered a FREE repair of some deep scrapes noted on the underside of the front bumper and a scratch on the leather seat in the back (bought CPO but they never sent pictures of the scratches/scrapes). The scratches don’t really bother me too much but it’s free!

Question is, if they replace the bumper and repaint it. Will their work be pretty flawless since it’s the factory or can I expect some color mismatch? I don’t wanna make a situation worse by trying to perfect it. I’m not a greedy person.

Please help me with the decision. Anyone have experience getting cosmetic work at the factory in Fremont? Will it go on record? Making reselling more difficult?

Thanks in advance

Will it go on record? Making reselling more difficult?

I forgot to add CA law says your suppose to disclose on sell of vehicle if car was repainted or had damages exceeding 3% of value performed ..more of an honor system as not sure how that is enforced if work was done by insurance there is a record added ,,

Took the car in. Didn’t end up fixing the front bumper. The risk of color mismatch was too much given the location of the scratch being on the underside of the bumper. Did leave the car for the scratch on the seat to be fixed though

Got a 2018 black fabric seat AP-less 75D. Gotta say, made me appreciate the premium upgrade package on my CPO.