Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla meet up today in Charlotte, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great group of folks!…..nice day!

Attachments

• 5ADE5C15-575D-4F90-9F1E-C6C456E07118.jpeg
    5ADE5C15-575D-4F90-9F1E-C6C456E07118.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DABD75BB-E101-410E-A510-221ACA9E7D16.jpeg
    DABD75BB-E101-410E-A510-221ACA9E7D16.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 113
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group and I will be getting my Tesla Model 3 in the next month. I am very excited to get it. At the same time I want to get all the needed things for my home like a charger. I am in Indian Trail 15 to 20 min from Charlotte. Does anyone recommend an electrician in that area? What is the cost to have it installed? Also do you recommend the NEMA 14-50 outlet or getting the Tesla charger? Looking forward to hear back from anyone.

Allen

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group and I will be getting my Tesla Model 3 in the next month. I am very excited to get it. At the same time I want to get all the needed things for my home like a charger. I am in Indian Trail 15 to 20 min from Charlotte. Does anyone recommend an electrician in that area? What is the cost to have it installed? Also do you recommend the NEMA 14-50 outlet or getting the Tesla charger? Looking forward to hear back from anyone.

Allen
Hi Allen and welcome to the family….im on my 2nd Tesla since 15’….I’ve only ever used the supplied charger with no issues, just have the NEMA 14-50 installed ( my main panel is in the garage right between the cars, which made the install super easy, my install was $125-150, using a retired electrician friend…but he lives up in Cherryville NC, so your a bit far for him)..make sure to get yourself a charger hanger for the cable, $15 on Amazon and..…make sure to sign up to attend the Blue Ridge parkway ride in April, it’s free or donation….sponsored by the Triangle club up near Raleigh, always great fun…

Reactions: vanjwilson
Thank you so much for you reply. The NEMA 14-50 was what I was thinking about over the Tesla charger. I just wanted to confirm I was thinking correctly.
I will check out the Triangle club for sure and hope I can make it to the Blue Ridge parkway ride in April.
Last question, is there an app for the Tesla Motors Club I can put on my phone?

Talk to you soon
Allen

Reactions: jsight
:confused: I was going to pick up my car and I got the dreaded call? We have to cancel your pickup. When doing my car's inspection they found a paint imperfection and it has to be fixed before they can give it to me. On one hand I am disappointed I didn't pick it up, but on the other hand I am glad they found it and fixing it before I get it. So, I said as you are fixing the paint please have them check for panel gaps as well. I hope I can pick it up by the weekend. Lets see how that goes.

• Funny
Reactions: ChrisC