Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeler post:

Ordered and should be coming in less than 4 weeks. Anyone, possibly without reservation interested in the car? I think the prevailing rate is $7,500 at delivery plus the deposits? Most likely will just keep it and drive it. But who knows.

• Long Range Battery
  • Black Interior
  • Pearl White Paint
  • Premium Upgrades
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels

Maybe I didn’t explain correctly. You get the fed rebate as the car is registered in your name. I’ve already deposited $3500 so I’ll look to recover that plus $7500

I think it’s reasonable for people without a reservation and won’t get the model 3 before fed credit expiration.

Based on the lack of inventory cars. I think Tesla is playing games to manipulate how many cars are sold to maximize credits for people.

Reactions: bhzmark
I just canceled one today, it was coming in 2 weeks, due to the headliner issue. I bought another Model S instead. I didn’t think it was ethical to try to profit and let someone bypass the line when other people are waiting in line. Someone else will be happy with the car and get it a little sooner. P.S. they are selling for less than $2k profit on EBay according to people on this site.
11C7BE89-D49D-402C-8C20-8E1A0EB5A7EC.jpeg

Maybe I didn’t explain correctly. You get the fed rebate as the car is registered in your name. I’ve already deposited $3500 so I’ll look to recover that plus $7500

I think it’s reasonable for people without a reservation and won’t get the model 3 before fed credit expiration.

Based on the lack of inventory cars. I think Tesla is playing games to manipulate how many cars are sold to maximize credits for people.
I believe and correct me if I'm wrong but when you configured on the last page was who to register... didn't you already do that? Would eliminate anyone else from getting tax benefits. You would have had buyers name and info when you did configuration. Also had numerous offers between $2500-4k for peoples config. with delivery between 2-4 weeks. Good Luck....

I just canceled one today, it was coming in 2 weeks, due to the headliner issue. I bought another Model S instead. I didn’t think it was ethical to try to profit and let someone bypass the line when other people are waiting in line. Someone else will be happy with the car and get it a little sooner. P.S. they are selling for less than $2k profit on EBay according to people on this site.
View attachment 273798
Dang It! I would had bought you a dozen doughnuts and coffee for it;):eek:

The problem with making money of the Model 3 is that Model S75D start at $67K after federal rebate, and most people (I know there are exceptions) would prefer a Model S over Model 3 for similar price. If the $35K version was available, that would open up a lot more room for speculative buys (I bet you could sell them like hotcakes at $35K to those who have no hope for the rebate anyways while it only costed the buyer $27,500 after rebate). Maybe Tesla offered the LR only on purpose to avoid this?

Who are you to question other peoples actions?

Someone may want a BEV car now, specifically their first tesla and not wait! Eventually there will be no more tax credits to claim so for those ppl your point is moot.

Someone can buy a S but the tech is outdated compared to model 3.

What is it that people aren’t understanding?

It’s your car. You get to register it and take the tax credit.

I’m just being paid back for the deposit I put on the car and 3k cash.

To me it seems like a good deal as the tax credits are going to go away. From Tesla action with the lack of available inventory cars, I believe it’s gone soon.

Anyway anyone wanting a model 3 sooner rather than later. Send me a message.