Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Zero-G 20" Forged Performance Wheels with Michellin Pilot Spot 4S Tires *BRAND NEW*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was fortunate enough to win the referral prize of the Zero-G 20" Forged Performance Wheels for the Model 3 mounted with Michellin Pilot Spot 4S Tires. I decided to take the wheels and tires with me rather than mount them to the car. My initial plan was to sell them all the way. Then I saw them and fell in love with them. Then I came to reality and realized at my station in life keeping them would be irresponsible. To that end, they are for sale.

You get:
4 brand new Zero-G 20" Forged Performance Wheels
4 brand new Michellin Pilot Sport 4S Tires
4 TPMS sensors (tires already mounted, so its ready to go)
20 Lug Nut Covers

Tesla gets $5500 + tax for the "track pack" with these wheels and track tires
Tesla gets $4000 + tax for the regular performance wheels and same tires

To that end, I feel fair value for these is somewhere in the range of $4,500 to $5,000 and I am asking $4,500 for them. Ideally I am looking for a local buyer to South Florida and I can confirm they safely fit in the car (3 across back seat and 1 in the trunk) for transport.

They look great.
Two things: they aren’t actually forged. Secondly people are selling them for $2850-3200 on here. Being realistic you won’t get near the $4000 mark for them.

Appreciate the comments. The regular performance wheels with the same tires are $4,000 + tax (7% here), so $4,280. There is no valid reason for these to be worth less than those and in fact given their exclusivity and the only way to get them from Tesla is to spend $5,500 + tax (so $5,885). If people are selling for less than they are realistically worth, they are potentially uninformed or want the quick money. I don't fault them for either as its not my place. I won't give these away though. If I don't get my price, I'll keep them and sell my stock 19" sport wheels instead.

Appreciate the comments. The regular performance wheels with the same tires are $4,000 + tax (7% here), so $4,280. There is no valid reason for these to be worth less than those and in fact given their exclusivity and the only way to get them from Tesla is to spend $5,500 + tax (so $5,885). If people are selling for less than they are realistically worth, they are potentially uninformed or want the quick money. I don't fault them for either as its not my place. I won't give these away though. If I don't get my price, I'll keep them and sell my stock 19" sport wheels instead.

I think more likely story is that they are overpriced on Tesla and nobody is buying them straight from Tesla. Just because Tesla sells standard 20" performance wheels for $4000+tax doesn't mean they're actually selling that many. Do a forum search for referral wheels and you'll see that most people are asking what I mentioned above. Hope that helps! (Not trying to be combative!)

I think more likely story is that they are overpriced on Tesla and nobody is buying them straight from Tesla. Just because Tesla sells standard 20" performance wheels for $4000+tax doesn't mean they're actually selling that many. Do a forum search for referral wheels and you'll see that most people are asking what I mentioned above. Hope that helps! (Not trying to be combative!)

I appreciate the feedback for sure. Yeah you're right, ultimately its up to what the market bears and not what Tesla sells. If the market bears that low of a price, I would just keep them so I'll leave this here and see if I get any offers.

Meanwhile it's important to know what Tesla does value them at as they may 1099 me and would set their value not my selling price, so if they value at $5,000 I'm on the hook for taxes against that $5k.

Meanwhile it's important to know what Tesla does value them at as they may 1099 me and would set their value not my selling price, so if they value at $5,000 I'm on the hook for taxes against that $5k.
You can use your own value when filing your taxes. Tesla may sell them for $5000 but if you can get them elsewhere for $2500, then that helps set the value that you can claim when filing. Years ago, I won at $2500 TV but by the time they shipped it to me, the company was selling it for something like $1500. I used their actual sales price instead of the claimed prize value when filing my taxes.

• Helpful
Reactions: NoMoreICE
You can buy them new from Tesla for $750 each without tires or TPMS. So $3000 + $1000 for tires plus $250 for TPMS max. Aftermarket sales have been as low as $2800, with most selling between $3000-$3500 at most. I have not seen any sell for more than $3500.

That's interesting... so Tesla quietly sells these wheels off menu?

Wheels $750 each = $3000

The tires are $330 each unmounted = $1,320

Mount/balance = ~$80

TPMS, I'm not sure so use your number $250

You're at $4,630. Basically confirmed my numbers that the "value" is $4500-5000, so the question goes back to the point @MatildaModel3 made on what people are willing to pay.

If someone pays $3500 for something Tesla sells for $4600 they got a killer deal in theory. I still believe $4500 is fair based on the numbers, but I'm willing to hear offers for them.

That's interesting... so Tesla quietly sells these wheels off menu?

Wheels $750 each = $3000

The tires are $330 each unmounted = $1,320

Mount/balance = ~$80

TPMS, I'm not sure so use your number $250

You're at $4,630. Basically confirmed my numbers that the "value" is $4500-5000, so the question goes back to the point @MatildaModel3 made on what people are willing to pay.

If someone pays $3500 for something Tesla sells for $4600 they got a killer deal in theory. I still believe $4500 is fair based on the numbers, but I'm willing to hear offers for them.
If you are buying Pilot 4S tires at full retail price and wasting them on the street where they don’t belong and then also overpaying at $250 for TPMS then I guess you wouldn’t mind paying $4,000 for referral wheels. Free bump

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Ultimately the market makes the decision and he will learn whether or not he made the right decision given his personal view of the market and part of his personal desire to keep the wheels. I'm in the exact same boat. Ultimately this is a question of supply and demand. I'll go into my reasoning below:

Demand Side Expectation:
  1. These are attractive wheels, I want them, but I cannot afford/nor will I pay more than X dollars for them.
  2. How many people are willing to pay for these wheels at X dollars ultimately determine market equilibrium price point.
  3. What are the alternative options? TSportline prices their 20" wheel+tire package between $3400-3800 for a similar configuration. I paid almost $3k (before tax) for my set of TSportline 18s I'm currently running.
  4. What is the actual retail price? For those in the know, from Tesla cost would be ~$4400 ($750x4 + $330x4 + TPMS) so this should be cost comparison regardless of everything else. Asking above this price is pointless for anyone who does their research.
  5. For those not in the know the Track Package is the only advertised method of obtaining these wheels in an undesirable daily street use of PSC2 tires at 245 configuration AND you need to own a performance model to buy it today. I expect Tesla to eventually put this on the website for direct purchase.
Supply Side Factors
  1. How many owners received these wheels as part of a referral package. Keep in mind this was only possible between the last weeks of 2018 to February 2nd, 2019 (~1.5 months) as opposed to previous referral programs which was active for years.
  2. How many owners received these wheels and are willing to sell them? (this could be a sizeable majority)
  3. How many owners have gone through the effort reaching out to Tesla to get the wheels
  4. How many owners have a performance vs. non performance wheel to get the +34 vs. +40 offsets.The +34 offset referral wheel will be much more rare than the +40 offset due to the limited number of performance owners who got the referral package.
  5. It looks like this package is the +40 offset due his RWD/AWD vehicle in the poster's signature.

OP is absolutely justified is pricing it as he see fits, and all other posters are in their right to point out their opinions on the pricing. Ultimately it'll be up to OP to listen to decide whether he cares more about selling it quickly than finding a buyer that meets his expectations. I think its a little harsh that the community has treated his pricing as such, but we won't know who is right unless a sale has occurred. Ask how many are willling to buy a $1 million dollar property in the Bay Area vs. the suburbs and you will get the same condemnation.

I think the market is under-pricing the current wheels and as such I avoided selling them in a hurry just to "make the sale". I'm also in a similar boat where I love the style of the wheels. I've made my own calculus, and I'm fine with the idea that I would keep them for myself if I inadvertently priced myself out of the buyers market. I'm perfectly happy keeping them. I was prepared for this scenario purposely buy a set of jacks, tools, to swap/rotate my own wheels as needed.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC