Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X A-pillar HELP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
This is my first time here,
I bought a salvage Tesla model x and there is a problem with the both A-pillar as you see in the picture. I tried to find a part on the web to cover the A-pillar but i can't find
Is there anywhere that i can find this Aluminum part or any other solution ?? someone suggest to fabricate it with fiberglass but i am trying to find a better solution

Please Help

Attachments

• IMG-20180911-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20180911-WA0012.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 162
You need to watch "Rich Rebuilds" on YouTube. What you're trying to do is not easy. The salvage title may also cause you issues with Tesla software and charging (as it has for Rich). I think it will be a while before 3rd party parts are available for Teslas, if ever.
I think you don't have anything to lose to try and contact him. He might be able to give you some good advises ;)

Hello,
This is my first time here,
I bought a salvage Tesla model x and there is a problem with the both A-pillar as you see in the picture. I tried to find a part on the web to cover the A-pillar but i can't find
Is there anywhere that i can find this Aluminum part or any other solution ?? someone suggest to fabricate it with fiberglass but i am trying to find a better solution

Please Help

You are brave ! Hopefully was good enough deal but as others have said difficult path to navigate ..it’s hard enough for Tesla owners to get parts ...but check autobahn parts in San Diego they deal with lot of salvage Tesla’s

It's not only the parts that you have to worry about. Salvaged Teslas don't get software updates as well as supercharger access. Rich Rebuilds knows how to hack the software to install new updates. I'm not sure how much he's willing to share lest he gets shut down as well, but I'd try to get to know him and be on his good graces.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
It's not only the parts that you have to worry about. Salvaged Teslas don't get software updates as well as supercharger access. Rich Rebuilds knows how to hack the software to install new updates. I'm not sure how much he's willing to share lest he gets shut down as well, but I'd try to get to know him and be on his good graces.
My car still get updates but i don't know if it still get supercharg but i will import it to Egypt so there is no problem with supercharging cause there is no supercharging in Egypt

Reactions: P85_DA