Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Cal Club Region of SCCA and Santa Monica Sports Car Club present:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Highway Robbery, an SCCA National Course Rally
and
Stagecoach, an SCCA Divisional Tour Rally
August 19-20, 2023

RALLY PHILOSOPHIES

Highway Robbery, on Saturday, August 19, 2023, is a course rally that will test your ability to stay on course and on time. The rally will run primarily in San Bernardino County. There will be no absence of the sign traps, and no lettered instructions. There will be ITIS (If There Is Such) instructions and a sign Aristotle (as per SMSCC generals). There will be variable main road determinants, but no more than four at any time (often only two). In fact, you can run Highway Robbery using the SMSCC General Instructions with a short addenda instead of the RRRs if you want to. These are mostly the same generals that we have used on previous Highway Robberies. The rallymaster expects most contestants to do most legs correctly.

Stagecoach, on Sunday, August 20, 2023, is a traditional tour rally running primarily in Riverside County; you are expected to be on time all the time.
Both rallies use the Richta GPS app for timing and scoring.

COMMITTEE

Rally Chairman: Jeanne English 310-625-3581 [email protected]
Highway Robbery Rallymaster Jeanne English 310-625-3581 [email protected]
Stagecoach Rallymaster Larry Scholnick 310-270-8826 [email protected]
Registrar: Larry Scholnick 310-270-8826 [email protected]
Club Checkout The Santa Monica Sports Car Club

START / HEADQUARTERS
Rally headquarters is SureStay by Best Western, 3201 Centre Lake Dr, Ontario, CA 91761,
909 390-9855. It is very close to Ontario Airport. The room rate is $101.20 per night. To get this rate, call the hotel and tell them you want one of my rooms, and they will change it from my name to yours. Friday night registration and the start locations for both rallies on Saturday and Sunday mornings will be here.

DIRECTIONS
From Ontario International Airport (ONT) (about 1 mile): From rental car facility, right on Airport, left on Haven at traffic light, left on Guasti (comes quick - a traffic light), right at 2nd named OPP, left immediately into hotel parking lot
From Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) (about 60 miles): Exit airport south on Sepulveda, right on I 105 East (immediately after tunnel), north on I-605, east on I-10 (toward San Bernardino); exit freeway at Haven, right at end of offramp, right on Guasti (1st traffic light), right at 2nd named OPP, left immediately into hotel parking lot
From Bob Hope Airport (BUR) (about 55 miles): Exit airport north on Hollywood Way, right on I-5 south, east on CA-134, east on I-210, south on CA-57, east on I-10 (toward San Bernardino); exit freeway at Haven, right at end of offramp, right on Guasti (1st traffic light), right at 2nd named OPP, left immediately into hotel parking lot.