Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting recommendations in Atlanta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had good luck and all of my cars tinted at “The Tint Guy” in Woodstock. They do great work. They use 3M and Llumar films.

Can’t speak to films, but my cars have Llumar ceramic on the sides/back and 3M crystalline on the windshield.

Reactions: RAW84
There are many options to choose from. I tend to gravitate toward the higher end of the spectrum for window tint. Spectra Photosync is arguably the best film on the market with the highest heat rejection properties (TSER and IRR). The only dealer in the Atlanta market installing this film is All Pro Window Tinting in Canton. I had this film on a BMW M3 I owned and was pleased with the performance. Happy to shoot you some photos if you'd like. For what it's worth, I plan to have my Model 3 tinted by Chris at All Pro Window Tinting when I pick it up.

3M Crystalline, Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle Series and Llumar FormulaOne Stratos Series are also legitimate options. For the Llumar films I suggest Solarworks Glass Tinting on Alpharetta Highway in Roswell. They tinted a prior vehicle of mine and did a fantastic job.

XPEL also has a line of films folks seem happy with but I can't speak to performance data or quality. I would not recommend any other films outside of the ones mentioned here. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Oasis Window Tinting in Buford did mine. They also have a location in Atlanta, I used Buford because I lived there before moving to SC. I’m not a window tint expert and appreciated that they made recommendations and understood I was making the decision. For instance, even though most people will tint beyond the legal limits I wanted to remain within legal limits. Put a clear tint on my windshield to help block UV and heat. Prices were reasonable based on research I did, and after they were done I let my OCD neighbor inspect the work and he was thoroughly impressed.

Oasis Window Tinting in Buford did mine. They also have a location in Atlanta, I used Buford because I lived there before moving to SC. I’m not a window tint expert and appreciated that they made recommendations and understood I was making the decision. For instance, even though most people will tint beyond the legal limits I wanted to remain within legal limits. Put a clear tint on my windshield to help block UV and heat. Prices were reasonable based on research I did, and after they were done I let my OCD neighbor inspect the work and he was thoroughly impressed.
Great. What’s the price ?