Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tool to remove Uber Turbine lug nuts cover/cap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just changed my 21 Ubers to a new set of rims and winter tires. I never had that special tool either, but a wire coat hanger (a thicker one) worked for me, pulled those center caps off very easily.

Biggest problem I had was getting my jack + puck under the car, car was too low, I had to drive up onto some pieces of wood to get enough clearance. And if you are installing new TPMS, you will probably need to drive about 5-10 miles to get new TPMS to register, report the correct pressure and align to the correct location.

Reactions: KenYoung1
I just changed my 21 Ubers to a new set of rims and winter tires. I never had that special tool either, but a wire coat hanger (a thicker one) worked for me, pulled those center caps off very easily.

Biggest problem I had was getting my jack + puck under the car, car was too low, I had to drive up onto some pieces of wood to get enough clearance. And if you are installing new TPMS, you will probably need to drive about 5-10 miles to get new TPMS to register, report the correct pressure and align to the correct location.
Did you have to get the TPMS from tesla or are there aftermarket ones available now?

Reactions: KenYoung1
Tesla was only option when I researched, bought. $75 each. Use the app to create a support ticket and ask to buy the TPMS. Somebody should get back to you to arrange the purchase. My SC never had them in stock, took about 5 days to get. Calling my SC was useless, nobody answered the phones. Another way could be to contact your sales advisor for help.