Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade? My Model X 22" Black Turbines for your 20" Black Slipstreams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just purchased a used model X with 22" black turbines and pirelli scorpion's. Love the look, hate the range hit. We live in Montana, and the 22's just aren't practical. Plus, we plan to have a towing package installed and need the 5000lb tow rating.

Tires are in great condition. Three of the wheels have very minor rash that could be easily repaired. One wheel had more significant rash that was apparently repaired by Tesla. I cannot tell at all. Wheel looks brand new.

Wondering if anyone out there would want to trade their 20" black setup?

This would be wheels, tires, and tire pressure sensors. Since the 22's are significantly more expensive, I'm really only interested in perfect condition wheels and relatively new tires.

I’ll trade you my brand new 20” silver wheels. I’m taking delivery of a new model x with 20” in one week so there are no miles on these. I may be wrong but I believe the 20” Slipstreams only come in silver. Seattle so we would have to figure out the distance. Any chance you’re going to be in Seattle.

I’ll trade you my brand new 20” silver wheels. I’m taking delivery of a new model x with 20” in one week so there are no miles on these. I may be wrong but I believe the 20” Slipstreams only come in silver. Seattle so we would have to figure out the distance. Any chance you’re going to be in Seattle.

Thanks for the reply. There are black slipstreams out there, both OEM black and aftermarket powder coated ones. I could certainly consider powdercoating your new ones, but it would be a headache with the unmount, remount of tires. Let me see if I get any other hits and we can go from there. If we did decide to move forward, I could meet you in Spokane or at the Ritzville charger with jack, impact, and torque wrench to do a direct swap.

Congrats on the new X. Which version did you go with? I'm quite jealous of the Wh/mile people are posting with the new bearings, suspension, front motor. Even my P90D would get 300 miles at 300Wh/mile average.