Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknown clip fell out of Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was loading the car up before coming home, and when I lifted the frunk, this clip fell out and onto the ground (as if it were already loose, on the frunk's edge).
I couldn't find an identical one anywhere, and it doesn't look like it fits anywhere, particularly.
I thought I would ask here. Does anyone know exactly where this goes?
IMG_6892.JPG
IMG_6893.JPG

I was loading the car up before coming home, and when I lifted the frunk, this clip fell out and onto the ground (as if it were already loose, on the frunk's edge).
I couldn't find an identical one anywhere, and it doesn't look like it fits anywhere, particularly.
I thought I would ask here. Does anyone know exactly where this goes?
View attachment 519067
View attachment 519068
It's one of the fasteners that hold one of the plastic pieces that surround the frunk tub. Just pop the pieces off and find the lost fastener.

• Helpful
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Took the upper plastic piece off that was covering the washer fluid, etc., and there was an easy empty spot.
I guess they must have taken it off last time I had it serviced...? Weird that it was in a place that it fell out of the car entirely when I opened the frunk.
Thank you!