Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Dimentions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the specifications from the user manuals for each of the Tesla vehicles. I’m posting this in the Model X Forum because that’s the vehicle I think we will buy but I’d like the information requested below for each of the vehicles..l

Could anyone identify the door opening measurements as measured from the front of the car, particularly the model X. The specifications show lots of detail but neglect those.

Yes, I know I could go to a dealership and measure it myself but I’m resisting that because I may not be able to resist buying immediately.

I have a small garage and the X will only fit into the doorway with the mirrors folded. I may have to move some wall mounted cabinets to allow entrance and exit with the vehicle while in the garage. I’d like to do this before I buy the car.

FYI: I know I could go to the dealer and measurement it myself but I’m resisting doing that because I know I’ll buy it when I see it. I want to prep my garage before purchase. Purchase is likely to be mid April.

Thank you all!

I have the specifications from the user manuals for each of the Tesla vehicles. I’m posting this in the Model X Forum because that’s the vehicle I think we will buy but I’d like the information requested below for each of the vehicles..l

Could anyone identify the door opening measurements as measured from the front of the car, particularly the model X. The specifications show lots of detail but neglect those.

Yes, I know I could go to a dealership and measure it myself but I’m resisting that because I may not be able to resist buying immediately.

I have a small garage and the X will only fit into the doorway with the mirrors folded. I may have to move some wall mounted cabinets to allow entrance and exit with the vehicle while in the garage. I’d like to do this before I buy the car.

FYI: I know I could go to the dealer and measurement it myself but I’m resisting doing that because I know I’ll buy it when I see it. I want to prep my garage before purchase. Purchase is likely to be mid April.

Thank you all!

Tesla showrooms are not dealerships. You can't walk in, drop some money down, and walk away in a new vehicle. All orders are done online, whether or not you have a sales advisor assist you while at a showroom.

So, find the nearest one, take your measurements, and do a test drive :)

Oh, and don't forget, you may be able to do an overnight/weekend test drive (Tesla will give you an X to drive on your own), so you can actually check everything out and see how it will fit..

Thanks for all the suggestions. This is a very helpful group. I hope to be helpful, too. On the other thing. Thanks, but I do know you have to order and can’t just go in and buy one. I was merely expressing, without a long explanation, that if I go look at them that close and take a test drive I’ll come home and immediately buy one. Ha! So far I’ve drooled over articles and the ones that I see either parked or driving by. I just want to pay off a few more bills before I take the olung.

As a side note...we did put 37 Tesla solar panels supported by 3 powerwalls about 16 months ago. Did that because we love where we live but our power grid sucks. Tesla app shows we had more that 30 power outages that lasted from 5 minutes to 4 hours. During all that time, even with all the power interruptions, we never lost power in the house. Plus, monthly power bills are $11.91. Whoo Hoo. Gotta love Tesla. Thanks again for the responses.