Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VERY Loud Fan Running Noise While Charging at Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model 3 (since new in 2018). We also own a 2021 Model Y. Recently, as of about 2 weeks ago, when I charge the 3 in my garage at home using the same Tesla wall charger I've been using since 2018 the fan under the hood area runs very loud. Not only this, but the charging speed which is normally 46-47 miles of range per hour will drop to about 23-26, and then it will go back up to 43 miles per hour of range (still not the normal speed) and then fluctuate. After a few minutes will go back down to 26 mph of range. The whole time the app shows that it's at the normal 48 amps. Our model Y doesn't make this noise so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with my wall charger. I tried taking it in to the service center by calling but of course I have to schedule an appt on the app which is 10 days away for first one. I have seen other posts about similar noise and have seen it's posted that it's a "cooling" thing internally but this happened one night after I came home from work. I waited an hour after arriving to charge so pretty sure nothing was "hot" and the temp wan't hot outside either. Any thoughts of what this can be while I'm waiting 10 days for service? Thanks in advance.