Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: Lease takeover - Model X in Ontario Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I am looking for a lease takeover (assumption) on a Model X in Canada, preferably Ontario. Highly prefer if the lease is with Tesla Leasing. I understand that it can be quite a pain for Tesla to transfer the registration between provinces hence the preference for Ontario.

The term remaining must be between 7 and 18 months. I am not too picky on battery size, options, colors or even mileage but it must be in perfect condition for the lease return, as I will not be buying it out at the end of lease term

I know there are sites for these listings but this is for the off chance that someone out there is thinking of getting out of their lease and has not listed it yet.
Financing approval will not be an issue.
Please message me if you are interested and we can discuss.

Thanks

Seeing as I cannot delete or edit my own thread, just putting it here that I did find a lease takeover for an X.

I am a very happy camper and the proud owner of a 2017 Model X 75D.

Considering putting together a post with all the lessons learned and navigating the Tesla lease assumption process. If anyone would be interested, just say so or give a thumbs up here and I will write it up.

Reactions: BBone
Seeing as I cannot delete or edit my own thread, just putting it here that I did find a lease takeover for an X.

I am a very happy camper and the proud owner of a 2017 Model X 75D.

Considering putting together a post with all the lessons learned and navigating the Tesla lease assumption process. If anyone would be interested, just say so or give a thumbs up here and I will write it up.

I'm interested in taking over a shortish lease just to see if i really like the x. From what I've found so far all the oned I'm interested in are almost the same vost as buying or leasing a new one so it doesn't seem worth it.

Any insight on the process would be great!

@LukeA:
I have to agree that saving money is not the point of a lease takeover and it will likely cost more in the end. My thinking was that I could not decide which Tesla model would be best for me, especially with the pickup truck and Y on the horizon. Getting into a shorter term lease allowed me to try before I buy.

That said, I had no intention of buying out this vehicle once the lease is up but already I am thinking that this is the perfect vehicle. I will likely keep it and buy another model next fall but still don't know which one. Financially, if I do buy it out after the lease, I would have been further ahead to buy used but I have zero regrets. I am fortunate that the financial side was not the main driver for my situation.

It is worth noting that Tesla leasing will not transfer a lease in its last 12 months so there is a constraint on how short a lease you can get.

I will write up a post on the entire process a bit later.