Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water in my trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the hatch seal is not working or is damaged. I'd check along the rubber seal for wear or damage. You didn't state the year, but the design hasn't changed much over the years. If your car is old (2012?) it might need a new seal. Another possible entry point is the seal around the taillight may have weakened over the years. One approach is to have someone in the trunk area with the hatch closed and spray water on the car to get a sense of where the entry point is. You may need to first pull out some of the carpets as well. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Maybe the hatch seal is not working or is damaged. I'd check along the rubber seal for wear or damage. You didn't state the year, but the design hasn't changed much over the years. If your car is old (2012?) it might need a new seal. Another possible entry point is the seal around the taillight may have weakened over the years. One approach is to have someone in the trunk area with the hatch closed and spray water on the car to get a sense of where the entry point is. You may need to first pull out some of the carpets as well. Good luck!
Yea my car is 2015, also do they sell like just the seals or do you think I have to buy a whole new tail light?

Upvote 0