Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Dr colorchip help with this, while backing up i brushed the parking piller and it was very rough so this happend on the rear fender

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am leaning towards Dr ColorChip as i am not very sure of sanding and applying primer and the even ness. Can Some one help. Will Dr ColorChip help or Tesla paint / Shasta White Pearl Tricoat, PPSW <trying to avoid this> . Please help
There is no dent . this is my second day with my new bumble bee :D . I hate my self for not being able to check the piller correctly while backing . Hurts me to see my car like this

IMG_4774.jpg
IMG_4778.jpg
IMG_4775.jpg
IMG_4776.jpg
IMG_4777.jpg

It'll help, but may not be the silver (white) bullet you're looking for. I've used Dr. Colorchip on each of my cars. The 2015 blue was not a very good match, but the current blue is better. I didn't try it on large scrapes though. Getting the paint even across such a wide area will be challenging. Compared to the cost of a respray though, I'd say it's worth trying, and even if it doesn't meet your expectations for this repair, it does work pretty well on rock chips.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Upvote 0
I agree with @beatle. Dr. Color Chip works well on small chips, typically under 2mm in diameter. I don't see it working in such a large area as the end of the process is to wipe the surface to level the paint in the chip "dip". That doesn't work with a larger area. Still, might look better with some globby paint than what it is now from a distance.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Upvote 0
I agree with @beatle. Dr. Color Chip works well on small chips, typically under 2mm in diameter. I don't see it working in such a large area as the end of the process is to wipe the surface to level the paint in the chip "dip". That doesn't work with a larger area. Still, might look better with some globby paint than what it is now from a distance.
I am thinking of using a 3M polishing compound and then use Dr Chip and then post 30 days use the the compound again to get the paint flush
Do you think it helps

Upvote 0
It looks like you scraped off a good amount of the top pearl coat. If so, no brush on touch up will look good and it will need some amount of respraying. These pearl paints are primer + base color + pearl + clear coat.

The good thing is the paint damage is inside of a crease that can be used as paint line for a touchup respray. The crease will hide the paint line. You might be able to find a mobile repair guy that will respray just the arch to get a more satisfactory repair without a big expense.

Any trips to a full body shop will result in them insisting to make it a big insurance project of respraying the whole panel and blending in the other panels.

Upvote 0