Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Looking to Purchase New, Unused Tesla FRONT RED (Performance) Brembo Brake Calipers for 2016-2021 Models S or X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
Looking to buy a pair of stock OEM Tesla front brakes--left and right Brembo-made--intended for classic Models S or X from December 2016 to February 2021. Prefer:
  • OEM Red (performance) calipers.
  • New, undamaged, unused condition (like from an un-finished project or low-mileage take-offs, perhaps).
Sorry, but not looking at this time for:
  • Non-OEM brakes.
  • Refreshed (March 2021 - Present) Models S/X brakes.
  • Models 3/Y brakes.
  • Rear (Mando/Brembo) brakes.
  • DIY or third-party-painted calipers.
  • Rotors.
  • Caliper covers.
I already have a pair of new rear (Mando) brake calipers. Looking for a matching pair of front brakes.

Located in the Sacramento, California, USA area. Please private message (DM/PM) me to discuss. Thanks.

Right & Left Tesla Brembo brakes
Front Left Tesla-Brembo front brake
Front Right Tesla-Brembo front brake

Last edited:
I am "bumping" this want ad thread since I have significantly revised the title and content. (Almost a new ad.) This is because as I learn more my target changes.

Hopefully there is someone with standard, gray brake caliper "take offs" (left over after a brake upgrade) for sale from, say, a 2018, 2019, 2020, or early 2021 Model S or Model X. I'll still consider red "Performance" brakes, also.

Are you still looking for the brake caliper set? I can get some photos together of our most recent 2020 take-offs and send them to you if so.

Yes I am.
  • full set (if possible) from ~2017-2021 car. (In general, the more recent the better.)
  • Mando floating/sliding rear brakes (with built-in electric parking brake motor). (No separate parking brake caliper.)
  • Brembo front brakes (of course).
  • Naturally, as good a condition as possible, and as low a mileage as possible.
  • Either gray or red (functionally identical).
  • From either Model S or Model X (they were the same, afaik).
  • No damage; no marring; no customization.
  • Piston cylinders not corroded.
  • I may tend to shy away from brakes used extensively in north-eastern states (or anywhere winter roads are salted).
  • Condition and compatibility are most important.
  • I STILL do not know what "M12"--in some Tesla Part Catalog brake caliper names--means. So for now I am avoiding brakes identified as "M12" (until/unless I can reliably trust compatibility).
I am seeing (initially) potentially attractive individual brakes for sale by parts businesses and auction sites on the Internet. But all too often there are problems. That is why I am hoping to find a good set (of four) from a real Tesla owner (or trusted vendor) on TMC. Good undamaged "take-offs" that will fit my car (2020-21 Model X) would be great.

For those new to all this, "take-offs" refers to OEM (original factory stock) auto parts--often wheels, tires, and brakes--that are "taken off" a car in order to upgrade to (arguably) better or aesthetically more pleasing third-party or custom parts. Since owners may do this with a new or low-mileage car, the removed stock parts can be in very good shape.*
_____
* I did that with a set of 22" Onyx Black Turbine wheels and Pirelli tires (w/15 miles) that came on my new 2021 Model X inventory car. I sold the 22" "take-offs" to a (happy) Model X driver and replaced them with stock 20" Slipstream wheels and tires.

Last edited:
I am once again "bumping" this want-ad thread since I have again revised the title and content of the OP. (I was able to find a nice pair of rear brake calipers, so I just need matching front brake calipers.)

Hopefully there is someone with red (Performance) brake calipers (Perhaps from a project that never took place?) for sale from a 2016 to early 2021 Model S or Model X. (Earlier Model S calipers may be fine, also.)

Last edited: