Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My point is that that's not what was being said when presented to folks.
My point is that there is no need to defend phrasing when the base premise supports the stricter interpretation. It was presented as a single drive because it was a single drive. If it was presented as a repeatable drive, that would be potentially* misleading. Presentation as a universal capability is right out.

*I say potentially because they had no disengagements in November, so it is unproven as to the reliability it would have had repeatedly driving that section.

Reactions: JusRelax
Steve is not getting on saying this iphone is something you can buy today, it was pre-release and oh...they released it just about on time. EM sold that FSD the very next day. If one can't understand the difference between showing a mockup and selling something that does not actually exist and to which the courts have agreed and to which Tesla has had to refund customers because the car will be obsolete before it works and contain hardware incapable of making it work...well such a person should not handle money, contracts, sworn statements, testimony, or buy sun dried east African coffee.

What Elon sold the next day was clearly labeled as beta. I.E- "unfinished", "not necessarily working", "work in progress", etc...

No?

Whichever way I look at it and work through 15 different scenarios in my mind, I can't find any reasonable justification to decimate the team that is responsible for the most admired, most loved, key differentiator and most useful capability in Tesla by a mile, which is perhaps responsible for majority of their sales - Supercharging.

This is the time they should not let up on the gas and continue to keep going building more and more SCs, while perhaps cutting down other areas.

I am shaking my head.. and losing confidence on these knee jerk decisions

Trying to 2nd guess why Elon has taken an action with the supercharging team , when you do not have all the facts that Elon has at his disposal, shows that you dont necessarily know” all the ways to look and work through the different scenarios”

After investing for more than 10 years ( like you ) and having read Isaacson book I trust Elon to make the right decision , and even if it is wrong , he will keep fixing it until Tesla gets the results he desires

P.P.S. FSD saved me from a tragic accident over the weekend, for the 4th time now. A semi tried to merge into me while slightly in front of me and to the right. Instantaneously, MX edged to the berm and broke hard (no one behind me in the fast lane) to avoid the accident.

Why are you having near-tragic accidents so often?

The type of people Tesla hire are not overweight white family men looking for a stable job. They all look like young kids who most likely are single and agile, jumping jobs to jobs.
100%. I'm kind-of-retired (easily could do), and yet occasionally I find myself perusing the tesla/spacex jobs list. If I was single, I'd probably emigrate to the US purely so I could work at one of those companies. I would not in any way consider working for any other company on earth.
The same things that make regular joes want to run screaming from working for Musk are the things that make me want to work there. Its like Gwynne Shotwell says to people interviewing at spacex: "Working here is like special forces". Most people don't want to be a navy seal, they just want a job. But thats not everyone. Its also self-reinforcing. Super-motivated ambitious workaholics want to work with people like them.

Whichever way I look at it and work through 15 different scenarios in my mind, I can't find any reasonable justification to decimate the team that is responsible for the most admired, most loved, key differentiator and most useful capability in Tesla by a mile, which is perhaps responsible for majority of their sales - Supercharging.

This is the time they should not let up on the gas and continue to keep going building more and more SCs, while perhaps cutting down other areas.

Twitter was the most zeitgeisty, celebrity-packed, newsworthy and well-known social media site on the planet. Presidents, pop-stars, everyone used it to stay relevant. It was absolutely crushing it in terms of reach and relevance.
It was clearly also a censorship-packed financial train wreck that was laughably overstaffed, run by management who had no clue what they are doing.

Unless you have a 500 page dossier on everything about the internal processes, management, financials and metrics of the supercharger division, you don't really know whats going on. Some times, things seem to be going well from the customers POV, but behind the scenes its a total train wreck.
I remember a very very senior video game exec telling me once that behind the scenes, the code for their globally famous mega-franchise was 'An absolute cluster-**** of epic proportions'. None of the players knew that though.

Why are you having near-tragic accidents so often?
Because he's not paying attention when driving? Somehow I manage to drive just fine without it. I was driving home in my Semi yesterday and someone cut me off but that is the only close call I've had and honestly it ticked me off because I was texting my wife about picking up some more whisky and then I forgot all about that when my coffee spilled on my dog. When I got to the train station I was right ticked off let me tell you, didn't talk to mom on the way home.

Or something like that...

Trying to 2nd guess why Elon has taken an action with the supercharging team , when you do not have all the facts that Elon has at his disposal, shows that you dont necessarily know” all the ways to look and work through the different scenarios”

After investing for more than 10 years ( like you ) and having read Isaacson book I trust Elon to make the right decision , and even if it is wrong , he will keep fixing it until Tesla gets the results he desires
We have ample facts to discuss it. It’s also possible HE didn’t have the facts he needed before acting. Has happened before.

Last edited:
I was just curious how and where tesla will fill the void. Obviously they still need people to do the job. They are not going to abandon the supercharger network.
EXACTLY. So, there will be a new team overseeing future development of the Supercharger network in time. Likely in the not too distant future. Their goals will be more aligned with Mr. Musk's and they'll be a lot leaner and more efficient. I fail to see the cause for all the consternation by many here.

Because he's not paying attention when driving? Somehow I manage to drive just fine without it. I was driving home in my Semi yesterday and someone cut me off but that is the only close call I've had and honestly it ticked me off because I was texting my wife about picking up some more whisky and then I forgot all about that when my coffee spilled on my dog. When I got to the train station I was right ticked off let me tell you, didn't talk to mom on the way home.

Or something like that...
Hope the dog is doing ok. :)

Gave it a "Love" for appropriate application of the word "decimate"

Though bonus points were lost due to "let up on the gas"

In all other aspects, I don't agree that reasonable justification can't be found. Several versions of reasonable scenarios have been offered here already.

Last edited: