Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope! Note the clearly visible “STOP” lettering in front of the car!
View attachment 1042078
Nope! 👎
View attachment 1042083

And these examples are not the occasional outliers.

Note 1-meter quantization error on Google maps. I’d estimate 8 feet or so in that case.
View attachment 1042147
Determining distance to a stop line is not possible for even the most advanced AI.
1714182417697.png

Did a 10-mile city drive on v12.3.4 just now, on a route that regularly required 10+ interventions a year or two ago.

This time there were three interventions: one to let another driver get past me to turn right at a red light. Ego had positioned itself badly in the lane (stopped too far back and right), so moving slightly forward and left was the obvious correct and polite thing to do. In this era of road rage, not pissing off other drivers is almost as much of a safety imperative as following traffic laws, sometimes more so.

The second was when the car merged into a right-turn-only lane when it needed to go straight. And the third was to dodge an enormous pothole that FSD clearly didn’t see in time, but which would likely have caused significant tire damage.

Overall, there’s incremental improvement, but it’s still orders of magnitude away from where it needs to be for Robotaxi/L4.

Last edited:
Guess we'll have to wait for GPT-5 level intelligence. I think the problem is you have a white car.View attachment 1042199
P.S. That line is at least 8 feet from the front of the vehicle.
Man, this AI is super dumb.

Yes I think your estimate is pretty good. I’ll try a different vantage point with hand out window next (people will have to trust me this time that FSD is enabled at 0mph). Maybe it will figure that out.

Last edited:
Amazing. Why on earth does it think that is the P though? It’s obviously impossible for that to be the P. You should suggest it might be the S and explain why it can’t be the P. Maybe it will learn and become sentient.

You seem to be goading it into hallucination. Shame on you.
I think the problem is you have a white car.
Yeah those colors are SO difficult to tell apart.

Now that we are supervising SFSD drives, V12.3.4 at this time, its amazing to see how bad roads are designed and how SFSD reacts. By my home is a main road with a large intersection and as you cross over the lanes don't line up and across the intersection, there are no lines SFSD can follow to see the misalignment, therefore tonight the T went straight and started to enter the opposite side's left turning lane, empty, but crazy. The end-to-end will have to be amzaing to detect and align right and get to the lane on the other side. Once I get 12.3.5 I will do the same edge case with my MYP and M3.

OK, crediting ANY useful data or analysis to a media source ar a stock analyst is simply ridiculous.
I understand your point, but I was trusting the Post statement because it runs counter to the usual FUD that gets flung around. If the Post had been able to find any dirt on FSD, they would absolutely have printed it. But they said that this was the first fatality.

Another odd intervention tonite, this time on the highway, probably v11. Speed limit 65mph, and two cars were blockading the lanes our direction going about 45mph. (The one on the right going slightly faster.) The one on the left seemed… odd. And FSD wanted to tailgate it. A cop car got on the freeway, and I could sense the cop was observing the odd car. So I disabled FSD and pulled to the right lane to allow the cop car to get closer to it. Sure enough, they got behind the odd slow car and flashed their lights to pull it over.

This is clearly not something that could be explicitly programmed for, and felt like a situation that requires experience, intuition, and general intelligence to know how to properly handle. Obviously it’s not something that anyone could expect FSD to be able to master anytime soon. But for L5, the car will eventually have to become superhumanly good (or at least humanly good) at this sort of thing.

Everyone see the Waymo vehicles stopping for people standing on the side of the road with stop sign shirts?
View attachment 1042211
You got them, I got the skateboarder:
IMG_1574.jpeg

Every time our Teslas on FSDS drive past this, they slow ‘way down. He’s not moving, but the car sees his wheels and can’t tell if he’s getting into traffic or not. Real pedestrians don’t get the same treatment. Unless they’re about to step off, of course.

On the other hand, she doesn’t get any special treatment by the car:
IMG_1572.jpeg

Thank you, Seward Johnson.

I am getting interesting new behavior on V12.3.4. Before, it always took too long to slow down after a speed limit drop. Now--same software--if no one is in front of me it not only slows down appropriately, it starts slowing BEFORE the speed limit drop--so that it's at the appropriate speed passing the sign. I've never seen that before. This is NEW behavior from the same software. However, if we are following another car which ignores the new speed limit, we also ignore the new speed limit.
There was a double yellow line that mine would always drive on and now it’s not anymore also on the same software, this is becoming self aware and learning it self 🤯

OK, crediting ANY useful data or analysis to a media source ar a stock analyst is simply ridiculous. They all have huge ulterior motives and are about worthless for any worthwhile information. I get useful data from a good number of the folks on here with actual experience. Sometimes the experiences are contradictory; that is still useful information. Seriously, I have seen so much stupidity and lies from the media--both sides of the aisle--that I currently trust raw data only. We get raw data on this thread; ignore the liars and idiots elsewhere.

You can ignore him if you want but your so-called idiot/liar's assessment is in line with people in the industry as well as forum members (ie your raw data). :)

Reactions: zoomer0056
I am getting interesting new behavior on V12.3.4. Before, it always took too long to slow down after a speed limit drop. Now--same software--if no one is in front of me it not only slows down appropriately, it starts slowing BEFORE the speed limit drop--so that it's at the appropriate speed passing the sign. I've never seen that before. This is NEW behavior from the same software. However, if we are following another car which ignores the new speed limit, we also ignore the new speed limit.
I noted above that it takes way too long to slow down, but it's an intermittent thing. Sometimes it does pretty well and other times it seems like it will never slow down. It never does as well as it used to (you'd actually feel yourself pushed forward a bit in the seat).

In the past, the limit shown on the screen would change just as I pass the sign; now it changes a little sooner.

But I've never seen it get to the new limit by the time it passes the sign. Let us know if that is repeatable.

Reactions: DrGriz
Why does my car always want to be in a left lane on a 2, 3, and 4 lane road?

The left lane is for fast moving traffic and passing and I have my car set to chill and only 5 mph above the speed limit

Other cars in the left lane are going 10 mph over the speed limit and my car keeps going in the left lane slowing them down when i just want to stay in the right lane

I even tell it to go in the right lane and it does, but it only stays there 30 seconds before it starts moving back to the left lane, stay away from left lane!

I noted above that it takes way too long to slow down, but it's an intermittent thing. Sometimes it does pretty well and other times it seems like it will never slow down. It never does as well as it used to (you'd actually feel yourself pushed forward a bit in the seat).

In the past, the limit shown on the screen would change just as I pass the sign; now it changes a little sooner.

But I've never seen it get to the new limit by the time it passes the sign. Let us know if that is repeatable.
I very much had slowdowns prior to the speed limit sign last fall. Not yet this year.

Reactions: PianoAl