Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would prefer real progress. 12.4.1 or something.
Agreed.
With the regression in the last couple of quick updates (12.3.3 / 12.3.4) I would be willing to wait/prefer 12.4 or 12.5 based on Elon's comments that those regressions are resolved. To Elon's credit, he has said V12 would be two steps forward and one step back while training. The lane change issues are so bad now I don't even like to demo FSD for people until it is resolved.
Not to mention, still hoping to see ASS released in May...fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
My M3 got 12.3.5 a couple of days ago; My MYP is still on 12.3.4. I got a chance to drive the 3 finally today. It is an improvement for the 3 over 12.3.4, but still not as good as the Y on 12.3.4. I'm not sure I've had a safety related intervention on the Y on 12.3.4, Maybe 1? The 3, although better than it was, still would have crashed today--twice in the same spot--on a traffic circle that starts as one lane, changes to two, and then back to one. The 3 on .5 gets confused and straddles the line between the two lanes and tries to crash into the curb between them when they split. The Y on .4 also straddles the line, but it makes the change into the left lane--where it should be--at the last moment. Other than that, .5 on the 3 is almost as good as .4 on the Y. That's a big improvement over .4 on the 3. It makes me wonder if .5 isn't meant to improve things on cars that aren't doing so well. Other V12 versions have been installed on both cars within an hour or two of each other. This is the first V12 version that's installed on one, and not the other. Prior versions--11.x and earlier-- installed on the Y weeks--or longer--before the 3. I got the 100 safety score on the Y, and it's been upgraded well in advance of the 3 ever since.

FWIW, the 3 (.5) did not have any dry wipes with the wipers today. The Y (.4) dry wipes so much I have to turn off auto wipers as soon as I engage FSD.

Only 8 days left to get 12.4.x out to me before I drop out.

If they give me another free month I'll try it again after 12.4.x is released

If they don't give me any free time I'll wait and use the base AP for a while.

12.3.3 and 12.3.4 didn't do anything well enough to get me to pay.
In order to keep their mileage stats rolling they are going to have to keep extending the free trial I suspect. Maybe they’ll extend it only to people who have not enabled it yet. There are a couple other potential levers to pull to keep the numbers accelerating. I guess they can continue to be creative with their x axis.

If these TeslaInfo 2024.3.25 release notes from a 2021 Model Y are accurate, looks like the new Vision Autopark is coming to vehicles with USS as part of 12.3.6? Perhaps 12.3.5 was evaluating it and didn't need a wide rollout while 12.3.6 turns it on?

2024.3.25: Autopark Update
When you're driving at low speed, your display highlights potential parking spaces. Autopark shows a circular P symbol to suggest a space, but you can choose any highlighted space.​
To start parking, stop the vehicle, press Start, and release the steering wheel so it can move freely. Refer to the Owner's Manual for more detail.​
As with all Autopilot features, you must continue to pay attention and be ready to take immediate action including canceling Autopark.​
vs 2024.2.11: Autopark
Your vehicle can now automatically park — and parallel park — in designated spaces.
When you're driving at low speed, your display highlights potential parking spaces. Autopark shows a circular P symbol to suggest a space, but you can choose any highlighted space.​
To start parking, stop the vehicle, press Start, and release the steering wheel so it can move freely. Refer to the Owner's Manual for more detail.​
As with all Autopilot features, you must continue to pay attention and be ready to take immediate action including canceling Autopark.​
Where the difference seems to be the lack of the first line "can now automatically park" for USS vehicles as that functionality did exist whereas USS-less only recently got that "new" functionality.

It really would be useful to have more transparency around the scope of the changes in each release; like if NN was changed (and which one). I get the feeling that the small point releases that claim just bug fixes are likely just that; the code around the NN that run everything,
My expectation is that for the point releases I wouldn't really notice any material behavioral differences.

It really would be useful to have more transparency around the scope of the changes in each release; like if NN was changed (and which one). I get the feeling that the small point releases that claim just bug fixes are likely just that; the code around the NN that run everything,
My expectation is that for the point releases I wouldn't really notice any material behavioral differences.
Could be usefull, but only for the nerds that would enjoy focusing on such minute changes. Here's a strange thought ... make it open source.

I think that the Ui update for AMD vs Intel is because they need to free up compute power from the HW3/4 computer to drive 12.4/12.5. If they can simplify the visual model to run on the AMD chip then it’ll give the users eye candy while the FSD model runs to its full potential.

IMG_1468.jpeg

You can see where the visualization is independent of the FSD model but taking up resources. This is evident when you get these prompts from V11 but V12 does its own thing anyway.

Am I missing something here?
TeslaFi interface isn't great. Scroll down and you'll see 87 vehicles pending this new version. Teslascope shows vehicles are currently coming mostly from 2024.3.15 / 12.3.4 (about ⅔) and rest from 2024.3.20 / 12.3.5. Hopefully someone who has access to release notes from the app/car will report back if there's other notes like Autopark for vehicles with USS?

TeslaFi interface isn't great. Scroll down and you'll see 87 vehicles pending this new version. Teslascope shows vehicles are currently coming mostly from 2024.3.15 / 12.3.4 (about ⅔) and rest from 2024.3.20 / 12.3.5. Hopefully someone who has access to release notes from the app/car will report back if there's other notes like Autopark for vehicles with USS?
Teslafi and TMC are the lost generations. New comers know nothing about us. :)