Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glancing through the posts here it seem like anyone with USS got or is getting 12.3.6. Can anyone here with no USS (vison only) confirm they were presented with 12.3.6 for download?
I’m vision only (Sep 2023 build Model X) and just got 12.3.6.

I don’t notice any changes from 12.3.4 yet, but I sure hope 12.4 doesn’t start slowing down 577 ft too early for turns and stop signs like 12.3 does.

So far v12 arrives at a turn like grandma and departs it like speedracer.

If we are on 2024.3.25, trial is ending today and I don't want FSD will I be stuck on 3.X for the foreseeable future and not get to go to 14.X?
Tesla could maybe downgrade those on 2024.3.x with FSD Supervised 12.x back to FSD Beta 11.4.9 on say 2024.8.x, but it would probably be disappointing or even dangerous for those who do end up subscribing expecting what they experienced during the trial. Tesla seems to avoid this reverting behavior typically only moving versions forward except now it's complicated by the rush to get 2024.3.x widely available.

Presumably Tesla knew this situation would come up a month after the trial as well as those who have been on 2024.8.x not getting any 12.x yet, so it would seem to make sense for something like 2024.8.10 to allow both groups of vehicles to update to carrying forwards features from 2024.3.x and 2024.8.x. It looks like 2024.14.x has significant changes that might make it even trickier to get working with 12.x, so that's probably why Tesla hasn't really deployed to US vehicles yet (except for Cybertruck still without basic Autosteer?).

Reactions: arbitrage000
Tesla could maybe downgrade those on 2024.3.x with FSD Supervised 12.x back to FSD Beta 11.4.9 on say 2024.8.x, but it would probably be disappointing or even dangerous for those who do end up subscribing expecting what they experienced during the trial. Tesla seems to avoid this reverting behavior typically only moving versions forward except now it's complicated by the rush to get 2024.3.x widely available.

Presumably Tesla knew this situation would come up a month after the trial as well as those who have been on 2024.8.x not getting any 12.x yet, so it would seem to make sense for something like 2024.8.10 to allow both groups of vehicles to update to carrying forwards features from 2024.3.x and 2024.8.x. It looks like 2024.14.x has significant changes that might make it even trickier to get working with 12.x, so that's probably why Tesla hasn't really deployed to US vehicles yet (except for Cybertruck still without basic Autosteer?).
The thought of free trials being on 2024.3.X and then being booted to 2024.8 with 11.4.9 is hilarious to me.

Imagine thinking “no wait, I’ll pay” then unlocking 11.4.9.

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
In GA we don't have an fugly front license plate so there are lots of lots that prohibit or discourage back in parking. FL also doesn't have a front plate.

View attachment 1043272
Needing to see the rear plate is a valid reason, but as others point out, none of the reasons posted by the AI post makes sense as it applies the same to cars that pull into a space, just that the issues happen when backing into traffic (which is even worse, as there is much higher likelihood there are vehicles or people compared when backing into a space which most of the time is empty).

Here in California there is no such concern given front plates are required (even though some don't install it, if you park frequently in public, you run much higher likelihood of getting ticketed for it; I personally have been ticketed by parking enforcement, but the actual police on the road typically don't care).

Personally, the only reason I avoid backing in is when shopping and needing to load the trunk. Otherwise for other perpendicular parking I would rather back in.

Reactions: enemji
lol, 2024.3.25 is downloading, been all day. Up to 75% after at least6 hours (giga fiber, very fast connection).

After installing, if it happens today, the gummie will have fully kicked in, so no testing FSD for me.

Tomorrow I will be kicked to the curb with all the rest.

If I cared at all, I might be pretty upset, but since I don't care a bit, I just chuckle.

I'm talking about signs that warn against backing into forward angle spaces:
do-not-back-into-angled-parking-spaces-sign-k2-1850_pl.png

There are actually people that back in and when they pull out they are going the wrong way:

Obviously doesn't apply if the spot is angled the opposite way (there would instead be signs to warn of the opposite).

There are actually people that back in and when they pull out they are going the wrong way:

I understand why there are signs saying not to back in to 'forward angled' parking spots. The only way to do so semi-elegantly would be if you were coming in the opposite lane, went slightly past the sign and backed in across a lane of traffic. Or wiggle and wiggle. Either way, one ends up potentially holding up traffic because it takes so long.

On the other hand, if you do go to all that trouble to back in from the lane on that side of the road, you are now nicely set up to safely make a 'left' out of your parking spot when you leave and go back the way you came. So that part, plus the fact that I hate backing out of those spots because it is so very hard to see if there is a break in traffic, makes me understand why people would back in.

I actually love what Beaver Falls has done, although the locals seem to be having a lot of trouble overriding previous parking muscle memory.

The town my son lives in had forward angled parking until their main street was dug up and redone. There was a huge outcry in town as people didn't have the parallel parking skills. And I will admit it makes the main street seem a less 'historical.' But it is 'safer' for bicyclists, in that now they will only doored instead of hit by a car backing out (and they at least stand a chance of seeing if a car has a driver in it so can be aware of the potential for dooring.) I have no idea if it has reduced the number of collisions involving cars backing out and I wonder if they even considered Beaver Falls' solution. The parallel parking loses many parking spots but made room for wider sidewalks, so room for benches, trees, and small patios for restaurants.

do-not-back-into-angled-parking-spaces-sign-k2-1850_pl.png

Obviously doesn't apply if the spot is angled the opposite way (there would instead be signs to warn of the opposite).
What’s their reasoning for getting a ticket backing into an angle

Edit: nm I see, I’ve never had a problem turning the right way when pulling out

FSD continues to stop harshly when it decides not to proceed thru the yellow. I always thought on V11 FSD decisions on yellow/red lights was correct. Now FSD seem too cautious on some yellow lights and stops suddenly.
got 12.3.6 yesterday. it’s not dealing well with yellow lights. 3 times it was very close to a green light that turned yellow, 25’ or so, and it literally made the tires squeal coming to a stop! unfortunately the 3rd time there was a car behind me in which the driver began gesturing wildly at me!!

Reactions: mgs333
I guess a real reason could be that backing up into a parking spot isn't required for passing your test in the US, so many drivers have no experience with it (as opposed to e.g. the Netherlands)
Driving test rules are established on a state by state basis, so you can never make generalized statements about it regarding the whole US, and many if not most states in the US require backing in as part of the driving test.

Reactions: Stan930
Seems to wait until light turns red to start stopping.

I am sure it doesn’t actually work that way but it is how it appeared in one extremely simple case. Absolutely no reason for not coasting here. Actually light timing very similar to Google maps except maybe yellow about a second later. Anyway yellow was visible at 500 feet. Started slowing with friction brakes at about 150 feet or so once the red showed. It was dark so extremely good visibility.

12.3.6, so not a surprise since this is no different than 12.3.2 or whatever.

Exactly as Elon predicted- it doesn’t know what a red or a yellow light is. The guy is brilliant.

Reactions: DrGriz and rlsd