Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we not think that Tesla have put the '24 M3P on a hub dyno and measured the mechanical horsepower with real-world SoC and cell temperature? e.g. 70% and 30C for 500hp.
I mean, tesla don't need a dyno for that, they knew exactly what its making at any given second.

Given we know(according to a random Chinese reviewer anyway) a ROW car can do a no rollout 3.22 to 100kph/62mph @51% soc, which matches the ROW 0-100 claim already, it's possible the 460/500hp claim is more of a guarantee than a peak.

I think eivissa is correct when it comes to the peaks though, 415kw/435kw as per the battery max, just a matter of how long it holds them.

We won't really know until some people get some cars and do some testing. Ill have the draggy on day 1 here in Australia and do testing.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Once these cars are in the hand of drivers I hope we can encourage people to setup a Teslalogger Docker Container and install Scan My Tesla (Android) to stream 24/7 into Teslalogger. I have written a tutorial how to extract the most essential data into a single file which me and surely others can use to create all kinds of evaluation charts vs the old cars.

Power / Torque curves at different battery temp and SOC plus Dragy results will give a solid overview of the differences.

Anyone concerned about when we’re going to see this car hit US streets? It may be awhile before anyone gets a chance to draggy one. Obviously a lot of us ordered day 1 (I ordered in the first 5 minutes) and saw May-June estimates. All including myself now see June. I frequently travel I5 (route from Fremont for all North), on a daily basis it’s not abnormal to see multiple freighters transporting Y’s. Despite all of these freighters I don’t EVER recall seeing a refreshed 3 yet. I test drive a refreshed/highland 3 at my local service center months ago but to be honest other than the one I drove actually seen more Cybertrucks IRL then new 3’s on the road… Anyone else feel the same?

Anyone concerned about when we’re going to see this car hit US streets? It may be awhile before anyone gets a chance to draggy one. Obviously a lot of us ordered day 1 (I ordered in the first 5 minutes) and saw May-June estimates. All including myself now see June. I frequently travel I5 (route from Fremont for all North), on a daily basis it’s not abnormal to see multiple freighters transporting Y’s. Despite all of these freighters I don’t EVER recall seeing a refreshed 3 yet. I test drive a refreshed/highland 3 at my local service center months ago but to be honest other than the one I drove actually seen more Cybertrucks IRL then new 3’s on the road… Anyone else feel the same?
I'm going to wait and see how all the numbers come out and road test when Tesla has cars available. I was really hoping for an improved battery with 110s.

Here in Vancouver there's highlands everywhere now.

Agreed. And one would think Tesla would save more money by going with OEM 19s instead of 20s too.
While Tesla hasn't always copied competitors, no getting away from the fact its prime combustion competitors like the BMW M3comp, C63, RS4 or even it's Ev competition like the polestar, i5n etc all have 20's as standard.

Having said that, it would have been nice to just choice between the 19's or 20's given they obviously engineered the car for both.

Here in Vancouver there's highlands everywhere now.
I literally have no idea on how they’re getting there! See nothing but truck loads of Y’s. We have a huge Tesla population where I live (5 Y’s at ann intersection in line yesterday) and I’ve only seen the two at the showroom and two in the wild. Something is definitely a miss when it comes to Highland production.

How can the EU values for the China made cars be greater than the USA ones?
It is hard to find a correlation between these claimed values and results we see from CANBUS data, Dyno tests and simply comparing US Panasonic cars with Chinese LG competitors.

I've also sorted them in order of claimed power. The EPA filed power levels are the lowest, but then there is no comparable data for the China cars. EU homologation data is at least easier to compare as we had every version of the M3P in Europe.

1000077157.jpg

Two at the same store I was at.