Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Range (Canada) Range: 150km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It comes with leather and everything (like SR+) I assume?

I took delivery in June 2019 and physically it was a SR+ with leather, power seats, heated front seats, immersive sound, fog lights, but software limited with no satellite maps, no real-time traffic, no Internet browser or music steaming, no ability to manually turn on fog lights.

It had 353KM range (US standard range) at delivery but subsequently was capacity locked to 150KM about a month after delivery. This is what I purchased so not unexpected.

Also the acceleration was slightly slower - not a result of battery capacity - but also software limited (because I had the battery charged per usual to 90% / 318KM when it was software locked to 150KM, and my battery indicator stayed at 100% for days until it dropped below 150KM). But my acceleration decreased immediately as soon as the 150KM lock was implemented. That said, it’s still very, very fast.

It had 353KM range (US standard range) at delivery but subsequently was capacity locked to 150KM about a month after delivery. This is what I purchased so not unexpected.

Also the acceleration was slightly slower - not a result of battery capacity - but also software limited (because I had the battery charged per usual to 90% / 318KM when it was software locked to 150KM, and my battery indicator stayed at 100% for days until it dropped below 150KM). But my acceleration decreased immediately as soon as the 150KM lock was implemented. That said, it’s still very, very fast.

I assume you can safely charge it to 100% all the time since you're only really using a small portion of the physical battery?

BC + Fed incentive = 35K CAD EV. Maybe they figure someone will be able to hack the range limiter at some point or Tesla will enable it to unlock.
$35k for 150kms is a pretty garbage deal I have to say. Ever wanting to sell that car will be.....fun....to say the least. Tesla warns potential customers that they can't unlock them and there are no current plans to do so in the future. Is it impossible? no. Highly improbable? yes.

There are various other non-Tesla EV choices to give more range for that price but I understand they aren't Tesla's. But still.....oof.

I agree. 150km is a terrible range. Comes winter, the real range will be closer to only 80-90km.

Is it true that this SR- doesn't come with AP? IMO, SR+ is only $4,700 more if you factor in the included AP (worth $4k).

But again, everyone has the right to choose whatever best fits them... :)

I agree. 150km is a terrible range. Comes winter, the real range will be closer to only 80-90km.

Is it true that this SR- doesn't come with AP? IMO, SR+ is only $4,700 more if you factor in the included AP (worth $4k).

SR- doesn't not come with AP. It's supposed to be a compliance car but it looks like Tesla didn't strip it down enough to make it 100% unattractive. Maybe they need run ads on the screen before you are allowed to start the car :D

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric
Well, people were buying Leafs with 117-135 km of range.

Not sure where you're seeing any new Leaf with such low range numbers. Plus in ON/BC the previous Leaf had a lower starting price and took advantage of the provincial rebates at the time as well.

Yeah. And yup, nothing under the SR+ comes with AP standard. You're right, people can spend their money on whatever they want but that doesn't mean it's a good buy at the end of the day. Tesla sales people actively try to talk people off the ledge when trying to buy the crippled trim in Canada.