Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be “over” within a few weeks just means Ukraine won’t be able to fight back and they can kill/rape/torture with ease.
Yup.

If Ukraine was no longer supplied, the war would go on for a little while yet along with continued random attacks for years.

If Putin would simply say “we are going to stop fighting and will withdrawal”, the war would end immediately.

I don’t think Putin wants war anymore. But given his history is why you don’t trust Putin and do a deal whilst the Ukrainians are supplied.
Of course he doesn’t want “war”. He just wants to take more land with little resistance which a “deal” or Trump would provide him.

If he truly doesnt want war anymore He could literally end this all today by simply stop bombing them daily and removing his troops from the occupied territory. Pretty simple.

Last edited:
I argued for a deal earlier when we had much more leverage and we could have gained some land back. Biden has spent that leverage. If we reach a deal now there is enough leverage to keep current boundaries and place the remainder of Ukraine in NATO.

That probably won't happen and the money will run out or Trump comes in. In which case you need to depend on my Trump deal plan which I admit is not an 80% likelihood.

91m views of Tucker now in just over 12 hours. More leverage lost. Might be difficult for a Republican politician to vote for anything containing Ukraine money now.
We're probably at a low point for the west at the moment. Initial donations have run low but EU+Ukraine industry hasn't had time to spin up arms production while Russian production has increased production more rapidly as they have moved to more of a wartime economy. Another year or two and it's likely that EU production will dwarf Russia's but Ukraine may not be able to survive that long.

Of course he doesn’t want “war”. He just wants to take more land with little resistance which a “deal” or Trump would provide him.

If he truly doesnt want war anymore He could literally end this all today by simply stop bombing them daily and removing his troops from the occupied territory. Pretty simple.
But then the war crime trials would start. And the demands to repatriate the stolen children. Ending the fighting isn’t going to finish the war, imo.

I don’t think Putin wants war anymore. But given his history is why you don’t trust Putin and do a deal whilst the Ukrainians are supplied.
Of course, he doesn't want war, he wants to go in and wipe the Ukrainian people from the map. Not supporting the Ukraine is the same a genocide.

But then the war crime trials would start. And the demands to repatriate the stolen children. Ending the fighting isn’t going to finish the war, imo.
Which would be meaningless in Putin's case.

"Anyone accused of a crime in the jurisdiction of the court, which includes countries that are members of the ICC, can be tried. The court tries people, not countries, and focuses on those who hold the most responsibility: leaders and officials. While Ukraine is not a member of the court, it has previously accepted its jurisdiction.

Putin could, therefore, theoretically be indicted by the court for previously ordering war crimes in Crimea.

However, the ICC does not conduct trials in absentia, so he would either have to be handed over by Russia or arrested outside of Russia. That seems unlikely."

I got to ~07.23 when Cenk said this "So, I think Russia has a legitimate concern about Nato encroaching on it's border. [..."

And then that woman whatever her name is starts going all 'both sides'...

WTF?(!)...

What "Russia"? There is no Russia! There's only the Russian Dictator and the minions in his Military Dictatorship.

I'm going to wait for something better. It's not going to be difficult to beat that dung.

YT is among many on the left who have liberal brain rot where they think every war in the world is somehow America's fault.

I don't know why anyone would interpret it this way. Putin meant, in my opinion, "stop giving them weapons so we can conquer the rest of Ukraine".

Nobody is forcing Russia to fight. Seriously, they can leave right now. It's not like Ukraine is going to counter invade.

I don't know why anyone would interpret it this way. Putin meant, in my opinion, "stop giving them weapons so we can conquer the rest of Ukraine".

Nobody is forcing Russia to fight. Seriously, they can leave right now. It's not like Ukraine is going to counter invade.
The idea that Putin is going to give up land is for the birds. Even if you think that he believes he is going to lose it eventually somehow. Even if you think he has some hidden morals.

Reactions: DanCar
The idea that Putin is going to give up land is for the birds. Even if you think that he believes he is going to lose it eventually somehow. Even if you think he has some hidden morals.

Russia has lost lots of wars. Russia has gave up plenty of land in the past. This is not unusual for Russia. Putin would like us to think otherwise but history books don't agree with him.

From a representative of the Defence Intelligence of Ukraine (GUR) Andriy Yusov:

"

GUR on Putin's interview with Carlson: This is [a] Russian special operation​

09.02.2024 15:36

[...] It could not but be a special operation, of course, it is an influence measure, it is an IPSO. And yes, it is a Russian operation, because, in fact, the target audience of this interview is the free world, the Western world. We did not hear anything new there. In Ukraine, there is a common term “urban madmen”. Here’s a geopolitical madman who talks about some nonsense-about international law, about history-and decides which nation should exist and which should not. All this is nonsense, of course. […]

And they understand that it is the ability to influence the democratic world, no matter how they call it in their propaganda shows, that is critically important to them. That is, this whole operation was an attempt to bring the voice of a fictional Putin to the very West they hate so much. It failed globally, of course, because we have already seen all the assessments of leading experts, political scientists, and politicians after this interview. [...
"

From a representative of the Defence Intelligence of Ukraine (GUR) Andriy Yusov:

"

GUR on Putin's interview with Carlson: This is [a] Russian special operation​

09.02.2024 15:36

[...] It could not but be a special operation, of course, it is an influence measure, it is an IPSO. And yes, it is a Russian operation, because, in fact, the target audience of this interview is the free world, the Western world. We did not hear anything new there. In Ukraine, there is a common term “urban madmen”. Here’s a geopolitical madman who talks about some nonsense-about international law, about history-and decides which nation should exist and which should not. All this is nonsense, of course. […]

And they understand that it is the ability to influence the democratic world, no matter how they call it in their propaganda shows, that is critically important to them. That is, this whole operation was an attempt to bring the voice of a fictional Putin to the very West they hate so much. It failed globally, of course, because we have already seen all the assessments of leading experts, political scientists, and politicians after this interview. [...
"

To me, this is one of the most true statements about history. Everybody got together at the fall of the soviet union and decided what was and was not a country. There are obviously many hundreds of cultural history before that but they agreed the country split - Russia is by force trying to unilaterally change the agreement.

Anyone got a good summary? Gave up after Putin started rambling about Russian history, that guy needs to get some real friends...

This five minute read from The Guardian should suffice:

Seems legit:

F-16 with identification marks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Likely taken at one of the training grounds where Ukrainian pilots undergo training on the fighter jet.

twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1755981512887951847

GF5_4E-W4AIG5Wa