Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is related to the stock price since it is a rendering of the Model 2.5 product that will fill out the production capacity of Shanghai, Berlin, and Austin. If it looked like this. Can't wait to see what Lars and Franz are cooking up.

1715122370420.png

1715122401711.png

This is related to the stock price since it is a rendering of the Model 2.5 product that will fill out the production capacity of Shanghai, Berlin, and Austin. If it looked like this. Can't wait to see what Lars and Franz are cooking up.

View attachment 1045171
View attachment 1045172
Bigger is cheaper. Got it.

View attachment 1045145

Seems like they're moving along with cybertruck deliveries. Just confirmed my design for my awd foundation cybertruck with range extender. Reservation was #113 and I wasn't expecting to get it for 2 more years. Happy to get it sooner and support Elon and the Tesla team.
So to be clear, they are actually configuring your truck with the range extender? I don’t think I have heard of anyone getting a range extender yet, or seen a single review.

Elon is insane. Good luck running a manufacturing company the size of Tesla and requiring 80 hour work weeks from all employees. People have lives a responsibilities outside of their daily job.

As a long time shareholder, I think Elon’s best years a behind him. He’s not stable and needs to go.

Tesla is not for the faint of heart or the casuals. I agree that 80 hrs. a week seems like a lot, but he's in hardcore mode. He wants people like that around him. Do I think it's the best way forward? No, but I haven't figured out how to land rocket boosters on their struts either. That's assuming this (mandatory 80 hrs. per week information is true).

None of that tells me he's insane, just driven. Perception of course is everything, and the rewards for working at Tesla are astronomical, no pun intended.

I disagree with the 80 hr. thing (if it's true) though, because I know that a burnt-out employee is not effective or happy. Some people can get a lot done in 40 hours, and some need more time. Really, each employee should be judged on the merits of their work, not how many hours they work a week.

I spent 28 years in the video game business. I was under contract at one point to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, and the compensation was nuts. I did it, but it was only for about 2 months or so because market timing was everything back then. I was also in my early 20s, single, and happy to lean hard into my career. No regrets. The company saw my grit and determination and this reputation helped me later on with the same employer. Either way, I have the same capacity now to crunch when I want to, but 80 hours a week for too long won't lead to better results, but it can be good short term if there's a pressing need.

I should also mention, when you're working 80 hours a week, not working feels weird. It's that crunch mode and you get used to it. I'm not saying it's for everyone and we shouldn't crunch too long, but Tesla is not just a job—it's a mission.

Last edited:
View attachment 1045145

Seems like they're moving along with cybertruck deliveries. Just confirmed my design for my awd foundation cybertruck with range extender. Reservation was #113 and I wasn't expecting to get it for 2 more years. Happy to get it sooner and support Elon and the Tesla team.
I was at Knoxville yesterday and two new proud owners picked up their Cyber Trucks. So yes they are moving them out.

Last edited:
Worth sharing, first hand experience. My Tesla Solar + 2 Powerwalls are 5 yrs old.

I just engaged my vehicles to charge on excess solar generation through the App. Aside from this amazing integration (and why the Tesla ecosystem is growing in strength), it solves 2 things. 1 for me, 1 for Tesla.
Great job. Charging on midday solar is the best of all worlds. I am surprised you had to do it manually until now, some EVSEs have offered "charge on excess solar" type features for years.

1. We are no longer giving away power during the day to the utility company, for them to turn around and sell it to my neighbors with some 10x margin at the same moment in time
This really only happens in regions with low solar penetration. As solar scales utilities pretty quickly get into a surplus situation, especially before 2pm or so. EVs are a great solution. Of course most EVs are at work during the day. Millions of EVs at workplace slow chargers fed by large-scale solar is an obvious winner.

With posts like this, it might help your case if you add some of your own words to explain, for example: Why do you feel a tweet about a single employee's reason for leaving the company 4-6 months ago is worth re-posting here?

A post like this really doesn't seem like it was made by somebody interested in conversation; rather, it just feels like somebody is really reaching to show us "yet another piece of evidence, no matter how minor, that proves how bad Elon and Tesla are!"

In this case, we all know that Tesla's new models often have some growing pains as they start out, and as production ramps. We've all read a few stories about Cybertrucks having issues for their owners. So, that aspect of the tweet isn't news and doesn't promote conversation. We also all know that some people can accept Tesla's production and ramp strategy (ie: good enough, and work out the problems as you go). And, some early adopters actually like the idea of having a vehicle earlier, and don't mind having Tesla address a few flaws with their vehicles. On the other hand, we know there are others (like this guy) who apparently demand perfection no matter what the delay or cost, and will apparently take a moral stand about it and quit their job. Again, these are things we know and there's no real material here for conversation...since this is how Tesla has always done things, and we know it, and we know some people don't care for it.

Of course this is just one person’s opinion; so I’ll give you mine. I’ve owned a 2012 Model S, a 2018 Model 3, a 2018 Model X, a 2023 Model Y and a 2024 Cybertruck. I have logged over 170k miles between them and while I’ve had very few problems, the all have had some minor quirks, EXCEPT the Model Y and the Cybertruck. In my opinion, Tesla quality is on par or better than most other car manufacturers, and the Cybertruck is next level when you consider the level of advanced technology in it.

Some "people familiar with the matter" stuff. So take it with a pinch of Himalayan salt. But I find it plausible. What they said about Baidu is in line with my thinking.

Chinese officials told Musk that China "welcomes Tesla to do some robotaxi tests in the country" and hopes it to "set a good example", the sources said, but authorities did not immediately approve its widespread use of FSD functions.

Before the full rollout of its FSD functions, Tesla still needs to get approval to collect and transfer data that Tesla's cars need to train its driver-assistance features. People familiar with the matter said that this issue wasn't discussed in detail during Musk's visit to China.

Some media reports said that Tesla inked a deal with Baidu to clear another regulatory hurdle for its autonomous driving services. A source close to Baidu told China Daily that he didn't see "any new deal related to FSD functions" between the two.

The source said he believed that the latest cooperation only means that the accuracy of Baidu's map provided to Tesla has been improved to some extent, and that it has no direct relations with its FSD function.

"Tesla doesn't rely on mapping to offer autonomous driving and hasn't got a license from Baidu to use its mapping license," he said

I am pretty sure the first 2 are guesses. I don't think Elon's team or the Chinese leadership will leak what was discussed in private until the time is right, given the sensitivity of the Chinese leadership 😬.

Last edited:
A few of you know that I've been away from home in hospital and other medical facilities due to issues having to do with sitting too much (!) for about the past 3 years. I recently returned home and finally had the opportunity to update my AV equipment and computers, as well as starting to clean out my office and garage. In doing so, I realized that almost all of the "state of the art" equipment I used 4 years ago is now obsolete! No more need of cable boxes, coax cable, blank CD's, DVD's, burners, BluRay players, etc and the only cables I need now are power cords and HDMI's (sometimes). EVERYTHING went wireless and streaming while I was absent! Don't get me wrong, I love the convenience, but all the investments I made in media are worthless. I donated several boxes to Goodwill and filled 2 large garbage cans this week and I'm just getting started.

Well, since Tesla appeared on the scene, the same thing has happened to both automobiles and power generation. You no longer need physical keys, gas stations and with OTA updates and upgrades you can almost drive a brand new vehicle several times a year. Many folk here don't need utility companies anymore. Don't need stalks, disc pads and conventional braking, pretty soon won't need steering wheels and with widespread FSD coming, we may soon be able to join on to a 50 car "train" that will whisk us across the state at 100 mph... who needs highspeed rail? I'm sure there is a lot we take for granted now I haven't even mentioned. And all this has happened primarily in a 10 year period!

My point is Elon and the people at Tesla saw all of this coming and built towards a future that they helped invent, while the other OEM's had their collective heads in the sand. So bitch all you want about the current ROF, but just like we no longer need physical media to watch TV or listen to music, I think they realize something big is coming and they're reinventing Tesla et al to make it happen. I'm glad I have a couple of pairs of Ray-Bans.

The wild thing is the one thing I thought would become a thing of the past but I'm really glad I kept is my record collection and turntables... I don't think that will ever become obsolete!

Last edited:
Another great teardown video by Caresoft, brought to you by Autoline. Different style of presentation compared to Sandy Munro. If I had to choose, I think I prefer these over Sandy's. This one discusses the evolution of the body in white and gigacastings between the Model Y and CT. They mention this is yet another evolutionary step working towards the unboxed manufacturing process.

The CT is an engineering marvel. Structural integrity, different metal compounds, depending on strength need, massive castings. Every time I watch one of these videos, I can't help but wonder and smile at what the legacy manufacturers must be thinking. I bet their pants are getting heavy.

Well worth a watch.