Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man can´t you once stop the Troy bashing once even with the good results? So cheap :/

You don't think it was off / wrong for Troy to say
"Quarterly growth is not expected to be very high anymore because they are close to the limits with mainly two models"?

That sounds dangerously close to saying Tesla is demand limited (while avoiding the word demand).

Those "mainly two models" are pumping out the big numbers and show Troy was out of touch on demand (to the negative side).

And that seems to be his trend, negative comments at beginning of the quarter, and constant adjustments towards the consensus as the quarter develops and denial that he was ever off to begin with. His tone is always like the prior prediction never existed.

Why shouldn't we complain if he repeats that pattern?

Can someone please explain to me what this means like i am a 5 year old?

View attachment 952652
Huh? Wha?

They're all going to have to do what's in the chorus of "Sweet Virginia" as they're scrambling to scrape the sh1t right off their collective shoes.

Much, much better than I expected, I admit. Monday should be good, but the real announcement that matters is the financials in 2 weeks time. They could be good, or not so good, so dependent on margins.
I do not understand anybody who is short the stock between now, Q2 financials, and Cybertruck release.
I think 2023 might be a relatively good year for us long term investors. I'll be happy to see 300-350 this year. 400 would be a stretch goal, but certainly not impossible.

Complete Guesswork:
  • $300/share after Q2 financials
  • $325/share after Q3 financials
  • $350/share after first production cybertrucks in customers hands.

FSD still a wild-card. Semi still a wild card. Highland still a wild card.

Also something rarely mentioned:
Climate change seems to have slipped people's memories. Covid, then Ukraine took the headlines. We are just one huge weather-related mega disaster away from a tectonic shift in global awareness and political action. The IRA is a step in this direction, but its just one country. Teslas are currently being sold as cool, cheap-to-run and fast cars. There may be a whole huge audience ready to hear the companies mission loudly if climate change resurfaces as a major topic of discussion.

Much, much better than I expected, I admit. Monday should be good, but the real announcement that matters is the financials in 2 weeks time. They could be good, or not so good, so dependent on margins.
I do not understand anybody who is short the stock between now, Q2 financials, and Cybertruck release.
I think 2023 might be a relatively good year for us long term investors. I'll be happy to see 300-350 this year. 400 would be a stretch goal, but certainly not impossible.

Complete Guesswork:
  • $300/share after Q2 financials
  • $325/share after Q3 financials
  • $350/share after first production cybertrucks in customers hands.

FSD still a wild-card. Semi still a wild card. Highland still a wild card.

Also something rarely mentioned:
Climate change seems to have slipped people's memories. Covid, then Ukraine took the headlines. We are just one huge weather-related mega disaster away from a tectonic shift in global awareness and political action. The IRA is a step in this direction, but its just one country. Teslas are currently being sold as cool, cheap-to-run and fast cars. There may be a whole huge audience ready to hear the companies mission loudly if climate change resurfaces as a major topic of discussion.
FSD is THE card if you listen to Elon, I'm trying to think of all the times he has said it is the #1 if not sole driver of Tesla's valuation

I just received this message from a Moderator who chose not to be identified:
"...This is a pretty blatant attempt to spin up a troll thread so I am deleting it. Dont (sic) do this again or I will take action against your account."
I cannot respond to the Moderator in question because I cannot identify who it was. I wish to say that if said Moderator wants me to leave please advise me directly with identification. I will delete my account and cease posting if that is your wish.

I apologize for posting this in this location, especially on such a stellar day for Tesla and Tesla investors. I know not where better to post this.
I do respect Moderator decisions even if they are in the form above. So, to be compliant, this will be my last post until I have received clarification.

Mod: Looking into this. I smell a rat.
Othermod: Not me and doesn't sound like @Right_Said_Fred either. We'll follow up but suggest ignoring it. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m concerned for margins.
I'm not as I think many of their projected COGS reductions will be coming to fruition in the 2nd quarter, much more than the first. Would have to research to see how any 1st qtr. price reductions have impacted 2nd qtr. revenue though. People don't take into consideration how price reductions/increases don't immediately move the needle, since vehicles sold won't hit the books until the next quarter at the earliest. Then again, that means we may see the impact of the massive price reductions in Q1 in Q2 financials so I understand your concern Krug, just thinking lower COGS will more than offset it.

Guess we'll know in a couple weeks eh?

Sure: There are 5 lights. Why do you fight the inevitable?

Picard-4-Lights.jpg

Cheers to the Fighters!

I'm sure many correctly interpreted his margin warning tweet as cautionary to not get caught up in the incoming fomo. The glass is half full.

Elon tweeted almost identical notes of caution on Dec 09, 2022 and on Feb 02, 2023:

To me, the common element in all 3 tweets is a warning about likely future interest rate hikes by The FED, which are now moar likely in July, IMO ('cuz dey dirty/hedgy)

Cheers to the Wise'n'Wary!

Paging @Prunesquallor

Last edited:
"...This is a pretty blatant attempt to spin up a troll thread so I am deleting it. Dont (sic) do this again or I will take action against your account."
I cannot respond to the Moderator in question because I cannot identify who it was. I wish to say that if said Moderator wants me to leave please advise me directly with identification. I will delete my account and cease posting if that is your wish.

I apologize for posting this in this location, especially on such a stellar day for Tesla and Tesla investors. I know not where better to post this.
I do respect Moderator decisions even if they are in the form above. So, to be compliant, this will be my last post until I have received clarification.

I’ll bump your post cause i hate to see you leave.

Sorry to hear that @unk45. Had a couple of them myself. I've found the best way to get a response is to DM all the usual suspects.

Good luck, as your at times brilliant postings will be missed in the interim, especially on this day.

View attachment 952652
I don't know why Tesla doesn't just publish analysts expectations in the same press release. Control the narrative before the wordsmiths try and do math.