Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scary situation on 12..3.6 today. It was at what I call an Optional Protected Left Turn: the left turn signal has a green arrow and a yellow arrow, but no red arrow. The yellow arrow was lit when I entered the turn lane, and had gone dark by the time I reached the intersection. I expected Tesla to stop, but it just slowed down, and then slowly turned in front of opposing traffic just as they started to advance. I had to gun the accelerator, because if I had hit the brake I would have been blocking opposing traffic. I was shaken.
View attachment 1049059
So you had a plain green light meaning it was ok to turn but you needed to yield. My guess is FSD saw the other traffic was stopped and decided it was safe to go, failing to anticipate like a human driver that the opposing traffic was getting a green light and would start to move after the yellow arrow went out.

They’ve replaced all the intersections like this with blinking yellow arrows around here, my guess is to make it more clear that you need to yield. I wonder if FSD would have handled it better with a blinking yellow arrow versus the green ball? The other thing that most intersections do around here is briefly go to a red arrow before turning, the blinking yellow arrow on. Again, it makes it more clear that the turning traffic needs to stop.

Either way, FSD should have handled it and it’s a good reminder why one needs to stay vigilant.

V12.3.6 kindly gave me my 3rd strike today due to a comedy of errors and a navigation change. Does anyone know the duration of time the strikes last? My understanding they are indefinite or until you get 5 at which time you are suspended for 5 days. I have looked for this documentation, but have been unsuccessful in finding it.
Lastly, when V12.4 rolls out soon and I download it, that should erase any previous strikes, correct?
No one really knows for sure. There have been reports that strike handling will change with version 12.4 but until we actually get it, it’s all speculation.

What does it mean FSD is released to employees?

Is it only for employees hired for testing FSD? Or is it for any Tesla employee?
My assumption has been that it’s to a subgroup of Tesla employees that do FSD testing, but like everything with FSD no one knows for sure.

Slow down , speed up, slow down, speed up.
I haven’t had FSD do that for several versions now. With version 12 it handles, blinking yellow lights perfectly – as it approaches the intersection if there’s no oncoming traffic, it’s simply slows and proceeds to make a turn, just like I would.

The other place, I encounter blinking yellow lights is on freeway entrance ramps. In previous rations would intermittently break for these but now it just continues down the ramp like every other driver.

Reactions: LSDTester#1
My understanding they are indefinite or until you get 5 at which time you are suspended for 5 days. I have looked for this documentation, but have been unsuccessful in finding it.

Almost correct. But I think you are suspended for a whole week, not just 5 days.

Lastly, when V12.4 rolls out soon and I download it, that should erase any previous strikes, correct?
That isn't how it normally works. (Strikes are not reset with version updates.) Though the release notes show that starting in V12.4 it will remove one strike for each 7 day period you drive without getting another strike.

What does it mean FSD is released to employees?

Is it only for employees hired for testing FSD? Or is it for any Tesla employee?
My understanding is that it is just employees that opt in to try-out/test early FSD versions on their personal cars on their own time.

We don't tend to hear when a new version goes out to the employees whose actual job is testing FSD. (Like the people that Chuck sees testing on his ULT.)

I didn’t take 2024.14.6 (while it was live) because I felt like it was a trick and there would be some 2024.3.30+ build that would end up with a higher version of FSD in exchange for delayed main branch QoL features like in the past and it would put me ahead of that track like in the past has happened to folks. For those that were with FsD when the branches merged in the past, what happened when they separated again? If you were on a lower FsD branch version before did you continue on the lower after the split or were you stuck delaying updates until the old branch caught up? Or is this merging event unprecedented?

I didn’t take 2024.14.6 (while it was live) because I felt like it was a trick and there would be some 2024.3.30+ build that would end up with a higher version of FSD in exchange for delayed main branch QoL features like in the past and it would put me ahead of that track like in the past has happened to folks. For those that were with FsD when the branches merged in the past, what happened when they separated again? If you were on a lower FsD branch version before did you continue on the lower after the split or were you stuck delaying updates until the old branch caught up? Or is this merging event unprecedented?
Isn’t it too late if it already says it’s available for you

Reactions: cyborgLIS
I had something odd happen yesterday. I don't believe I've ever seen this before but while sitting at a red light in a left turn lane. V12.3.6 randomly decided to turn the wheel to the right(about 45deg). I was not moving and the other cars in my lane and neighboring lane was not moving. Wheel turned more to the right again(slight movement). Once the light turned green and the car in front of me moved. The wheel straitened out and drove normally.

So if we score us some ASS in 12.4.x who will be the first to post an embarrassing act? I'm sure the newbies will be quick to try it at Walmart on a Saturday afternoon. I still remember showing SS to a friend in a busy parking lot and how it got stuck blocking traffic in both directions. I'm running across the parking lot with my head DOWN as people blow their horns at my car.

Of course that ASS will be some fine stuff but I'm hesitant to spank it in public off the bat. I'll play with that ASS in a lot without voyeurs all around.

So if we score us some ASS in 12.4.x who will be the first to post an embarrassing act? I'm sure the newbies will be quick to try it at Walmart on a Saturday afternoon. I still remember showing SS to a friend in a busy parking lot and how it got stuck blocking traffic in both directions. I'm running across the parking lot with my head DOWN as people blow their horns at my car.

Of course that ASS will be some fine stuff but I'm hesitant to spank it in public off the bat. I'll play with that ASS in a lot without voyeurs all around.
1, 2, 3...Not it!

There is a spot at work i'v been playing with autopark. Its on the higher floors of the garage so there is usually less traffic. I think that is a good spot for me to play with some ASS.

Reactions: FSDtester#1

That probably won’t happen with ass

1716312688843.png

With the expectation set by Elon that miles per "intervention" would improve significantly I could care less about the what's listed above in the release notes since none of these provide any insight on how FSD will actually improve driving. Let's hope v12.4 is noticeably better.

You will likely get offered 2024.14.7 when it goes wide.

I'm not sure that delaying updates will change the upgrade path your vehicle is assigned to.

Reactions: FSDtester#1