Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0372.jpeg

SG w/ white interior. Ordered on 04/23 @ 12:27 PM EST. Located in Miami.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
May 17th - June 14th. Boston area.

Blue/White - ordered night of release.

Honestly feeling conflicted. I'm at a point where idk if I can support the company any more. Been a huge supporter since 2008, shareholder since 2012. But they have taken such a negative turn, especially with Musks antics.

It's really sad and all I can do is vote against the current measures and not support them financially. I have loved my 3P and the new one fixes all performance gripes I had at an incredible price. I hate this feeling as I love the car, but idk if my conscious can go through with the purchase.

Honestly feeling conflicted. I'm at a point where idk if I can support the company any more. Been a huge supporter since 2008, shareholder since 2012. But they have taken such a negative turn, especially with Musks antics.

It's really sad and all I can do is vote against the current measures and not support them financially. I have loved my 3P and the new one fixes all performance gripes I had at an incredible price. I hate this feeling as I love the car, but idk if my conscious can go through with the purchase.
I'm sure you can de-badge it and throw a toyota badge on the front/back to feel better about the car. I am buying this car because of the performance and value, not because of someone's political agenda or business tactics. If you dig deep enough in any company, organization, or business, you're going to find stuff you disagree with. At least with Tesla, the cars they are making are dang good as of late.

How do you feel about Volkswagens

I'm sure you can de-badge it and throw a toyota badge on the front/back to feel better about the car. I am buying this car because of the performance and value, not because of someone's political agenda or business tactics. If you dig deep enough in any company, organization, or business, you're going to find stuff you disagree with. At least with Tesla, the cars they are making are dang good as of late.
TRUTH

The MYP can now be ordered in quicksilver. My Tesla insider tells me it will probably be offered for the M3P soon too. However, if I were to edit my order, I'd get charged the new price, effectively making the quicksilver paint 3k (if/when it's available). I would've ordered it for 2k, but not 3.

I figured this would be worth sharing for those of you willing to hold out for that quicksilver.

Here's the thing about Tesla, everyone will bash the company for their success especially since they have been "bailed out" by the government but will forget Ford was bailed out as well. You hear stories about Teslas going on fire because who is going to watch the news or read about a Toyota Camry going on fire? Yes Musk may have some questionable actions but I would never bet against him. He has the power to bomb their stock prices 10% or more over a tweet and I could bet you he is buying more stock at that time. Trucks hate Teslas and will coal roll us any chance they get or people will key the car for what their naive perception of the brand is, not knowing or caring Tesla is MADE IN AMERICA!

Reactions: Sellout and cptnslo
SoCal delivery updated to May 14-June 11. April 23rd order date. Of course we have a three week camping trip starting mid-June so wife wants to delay delivery until early July. Assuming Tesla will hold our place in line? It's been 6 years since picking up our 2018 M3 so I'm a bit foggy on the delivery rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
The MYP can now be ordered in quicksilver. My Tesla insider tells me it will probably be offered for the M3P soon too. However, if I were to edit my order, I'd get charged the new price, effectively making the quicksilver paint 3k (if/when it's available). I would've ordered it for 2k, but not 3.

I figured this would be worth sharing for those of you willing to hold out for that quicksilver.

Dang it. Quicksilver is by far my preferred color. If there is a scenario where Quicksilver becomes available for the M3P before my current order (Ultra Red M3P) is delivered, I will have a real predicament on my hands: change the color to Quicksilver (and accept a significant jump in price) or let it ride and just stay with Ultra Red.

With some creative financial planning/maneuvering, we can still get our total AGI just below the threshold to quality for the $7500 EV credit. So, since I ordered on launch day, my current Ultra Red M3P price is sitting at $54,990 - $7500 EV credit = $47,490.
If I were to switch to Quicksilver at the current price, then I would be looking at $53,990 + $3000 (Quicksilver upcharge) = $56,990

That is a difference/increase of $9500!!
While I can certainly afford this price difference, I’m not sure the practical side in me (or the wife) will let me go for it! 😳 🤪

Damn you, Tesla!!

Dang it. Quicksilver is by far my preferred color. If there is a scenario where Quicksilver becomes available for the M3P before my current order (Ultra Red M3P) is delivered, I will have a real predicament on my hands: change the color to Quicksilver (and accept a significant jump in price) or let it ride and just stay with Ultra Red.

With some creative financial planning/maneuvering, we can still get our total AGI just below the threshold to quality for the $7500 EV credit. So, since I ordered on launch day, my current Ultra Red M3P price is sitting at $54,990 - $7500 EV credit = $47,490.
If I were to switch to Quicksilver at the current price, then I would be looking at $53,990 + $3000 (Quicksilver upcharge) = $56,990

That is a difference/increase of $9500!!
While I can certainly afford this price difference, I’m not sure the practical side in me (or the wife) will let me go for it! 😳 🤪

Damn you, Tesla!!
Quicksilver is only being made out of Giga Texas if I'm not mistaken(besides overseas) they only make the Y and cybertruck in Texas. Don't see it coming to the M3 any time soon. Might as well enjoy the ultra red while they expand to Fremont.

Reactions: scrapps
Quicksilver is only being made out of Giga Texas if I'm not mistaken(besides overseas) they only make the Y and cybertruck in Texas. Don't see it coming to the M3 any time soon. Might as well enjoy the ultra red while they expand to Fremont.

Is Giga Texas now making MYP’s?
I ask because for a while, I think only Fremont made MYP’s.

Since MYP’s can now be ordered in Quicksilver, I assume Fremont now has the capability to paint in Quicksilver.

SoCal delivery updated to May 14-June 11. April 23rd order date. Of course we have a three week camping trip starting mid-June so wife wants to delay delivery until early July. Assuming Tesla will hold our place in line? It's been 6 years since picking up our 2018 M3 so I'm a bit foggy on the delivery rules.

Our beloved red M3 is looking better than new after a full 2 stage paint correction in prep for selling. CarMax offered 23k. The aftermarket 19 wheels and Eibach springs really make it stand out in a sea of M3s here in Orange County. Low 41k miles helps the value as well. Going to try private party first. Any suggestions?
I have had y M3s and from my recollection they will NOT allow you to delay delivery for more than a day or two.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd