Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: dronus
Am I correct to understand that if the car were to check for updates itself it is not limited to once every 24 hours (as opposed to if you check it manually)?

Does the car need to be connected to wifi for it to check for updates automatically?
In the early days of Tesla, when Model S and X were the only models available, updates were downloaded via 3G/4G however Tesla stopped this as it was blowing out the cost of providing Premium Connectivity which many Model S/X got free for the life of the car.
Now you must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to download the updates, regardless of the type of Tesla you own.

A YouTube influencer I am not

Awesome job mate, much quicker than I expected, I thought you'd have to stand there like an idiot for ages with your hands full. Also pretty obvious with the beeps and you can easily move away or turn it off if you need to.

I think this is an excellent implementation! Much better than waving your foot about! * though a Dronus foot appearance would have made the video even better.

Awesome job mate, much quicker than I expected, I thought you'd have to stand there like an idiot for ages with your hands full. Also pretty obvious with the beeps and you can easily move away or turn it off if you need to.

I think this is an excellent implementation! Much better than waving your foot about! * though a Dronus foot appearance would have made the video even better.
Ha standing like an idiot was a given, but the duration was shorter.

ill re-upload it if its of any benefit, and yes the car is filthy!

IMG_0346.jpeg

Reactions: karlos22