Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone could test the new sentry footage function? Are you able to preview on the app all sentry clips as they are saved, or only those severe enough that the car alarm is triggered?
i just got someone to walk past it, sentry was activated but it didnt send me a noticication and nothing in the list. They said the screen said "Sentry activated" and the lights flashed.

Maybe its only if the alarm goes off?

Reactions: Futuretech
i just got someone to walk past it, sentry was activated but it didnt send me a noticication and nothing in the list. They said the screen said "Sentry activated" and the lights flashed.

Maybe its only if the alarm goes off?
The sentry event is in the car UI and i can play it there. It just didnt notify me or put it in the list in that new section of the app

Reboot?

If you haven’t already I’d try that… and if still no good maybe a full power off? (not that I’ve gone that path myself).

For other devices I often get similar on my wifi and a reboot or power off fixes. Might be quicker fix than service.
Cheers, After the update it seems to be behaving so ill just monitor it for now.

We are on the slow train. Im being dragged behind the caboose clutching a loose rope while my head donks on every wooden thing that goes between the rails..
After waiting for almost a month after others for 2024.8.9 I got the notification to update 2024.14.3 this morning. Might wait a few days to see if any issues others be before applying.

The rear indicators on other cars in the visualisation are yellow, i didnt see mine though but can go for a look

Yes, other vehicles are amber, but on your own vehicle they are red. It also shows fog lamps on my vehicle even though it doesn't have any. Obviously the vehicle knows if it has fog lamps or not, so they should fix that also, I know its a nothing, but you know, the details man!

Reactions: dronus
Yes, other vehicles are amber, but on your own vehicle they are red. It also shows fog lamps on my vehicle even though it doesn't have any. Obviously the vehicle knows if it has fog lamps or not, so they should fix that also, I know its a nothing, but you know, the details man!
Yeah cool i didnt notice as i was looking out the window. I took my wheel caps off and it didnt notice that either so i put them back on before my OCD kicked in

Interesting that this update seems to be going out much more widely in Australia than anywhere else.
TeslaFi shows more cars have it in Aus than the US.

Are we the new guinea pig market?
Or has it been pushed to address the UMC charging issues in 3 Highlands?

Reactions: cafz
It also shows fog lamps on my vehicle even though it doesn't have any. Obviously the vehicle knows if it has fog lamps or not, so they should fix that also, I know its a nothing, but you know, the details man!
I had the fog lamps saga on my previous Model 3. It was one of the first batch cars from Fremont that had the physical fog lamps but no button in UI to turn them on. When I contacted Tesla support about it, they said the lamps are physically there but the cabling behind the lamps was missing. So then came the update that added light show and to my great surprise, the light show was able to turn on those fog lamps supposedly without the cables. Yet the car software did not still have any option to engage fog lamps outside the light show.
Now that I upgraded to newer AWD version of Model 3 at least I have the buttons in UI to turn on the fog lamps :)
I suspect the moral of the story is that weather the fog lamps are physically there or connected may not actually reflect the software configuration and what the car decides to show you in UI.

• Informative
Reactions: Zoltrix77
Thoughts after first drive with the new update:
  • Great move to increase speedometer font size, makes a marked difference.
  • Having the speed limit closer to actual speed is better as well.
  • Love seeing the extra objects in the view (impressive to see how far ahead and how accurate the object detection is). WOW!
  • Love the brake & turning lights being shown on other vehicles.
  • Love seeing so many oncoming vehicles on the other side of the road.
  • Visualisations are not overly smooth (obvious when turning at an intersection or at high speeds). A low frame rate is noticeable where a bit of jumping is visible if objects need to move large distances between frames. If the Ryzen chip shows this, I can only assume it's why the Intel isn't able to handle so many objects rendered at once. Hopefully this can be optimised to increase fps & also allow Intel to gain this new stack soon.
  • New full screen visualisation doesn't seem to like to "stay big". If you pull up a menu, or go into park/drive it seems to jump back into the 1/3 view. I couldn't find any menu option to "prefer full screen" mode.
  • Wipers were acting very well. No false wipes and performed at comfortable speeds when the rain really started to come down heavy.
  • Scrolling up/down to change wipers feel so much easier.
  • Also changing it to off <-> auto <-> 1 feels nicer as well (at least when the wipers are behaving). Although still think auto <-> off <-> 1 would be better.
Hope to be able to check out the matrix headlights at some point soon, always love a good excuse for a road trip!

This morning however Spotify refused to launch. I tried swapping between different sources, but Spotify will not load. So I rebooted the car. Still does not load. Rebooted again without any more luck. When I retry launching it I get this small font at the bottom left of the screen showing "Loading failed". If it does not sort itself out over the weekend, I will submit a service call.
After sitting at work all day, when I got back to the car tried to launch Spotify again, this time it triggered log out from Spotify, then log in again and is working fine again, so must have been some bad cookie or setting it needed to expire.
- Noticed that the rear indicator visualisation on the vehicle is still red and not amber, looks like they need to tweak the software for outside the USA.
Even with the old visualisation my car has always shown red indicator lights on the visualisation for itself. Still does that on the new update but now the other cars show their indicators as yellow, so that looks cool.
  • Wipers were acting very well. No false wipes and performed at comfortable speeds when the rain really started to come down heavy.
So got to use the wipers a little today. We had very light drizzle and the wipers did not try to auto wipe at all, so I had to trigger them manually every 15-20 seconds, so the accuracy of auto wipers still needs work.

After sitting at work all day, when I got back to the car tried to launch Spotify again, this time it triggered log out from Spotify, then log in again and is working fine again, so must have been some bad cookie or setting it needed to expire.

So got to use the wipers a little today. We had very light drizzle and the wipers did not try to auto wipe at all, so I had to trigger them manually every 15-20 seconds, so the accuracy of auto wipers still needs work.
Yeah occasionally apple music or spotify logs me out and i need to rescan the QR code thing. Something is doing something somewhere i guess

We have had like no rain here in Adelaide. Little bit of frost to wipe off in the early hours but the rest of the car just gets filthy from the dust meeting the dew.

Experienced the adaptive high beam tonight. Not bad. Nowhere near as good as it was on my previous car (current shape BMW M135i), but an improvement over what they were.
Yeah i am still uncomfortable using it. mainly when there are cars in the distance and the lights haven't dimmed.
I probably think about it too much, lots of people do things they don't care about the effect on other people but I'm kind of the opposite haha.

Ill try them again out on the open road, but in the 'hood its just going to get me shanked.